Cadets 2017

13 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Demand a change, George. Look at BAC, that is where Cadets belong. There is a very clear reason these two corps are headed in opposite directions and every single Cadets loyalist knows it.

This :(

how many years in a row has this same thing happened? He even alluded to "San Antonio week" in his live monologue, that this is where things have gone south in past years. And gee I wonder why? In the same week a dozen OTHER corps are putting their best show yet on the field, George is berating his staff on Facebook. Gino is laughing his ### off reading this right now.

• Like 1

If you look at the actual post on Facebook, over 93 people liked it including a huge number of the kids who are marching this year, so there is something that we looking in from the outside are losing in translation.  Perhaps we need to remember that we are on the outside and as long as corps has a great attitude maybe we need to let them have their season without all the drama that is generated by folks who are not actually marching this year.  I'm old but I realize when I look back it is often with rose colored glasses - let's not detract from the MM's season - for some it may be the only one they have.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

If you look at the actual post on Facebook, over 93 people liked it including a huge number of the kids who are marching this year, so there is something that we looking in from the outside are losing in translation.  Perhaps we need to remember that we are on the outside and as long as corps has a great attitude maybe we need to let them have their season without all the drama that is generated by folks who are not actually marching this year.  I'm old but I realize when I look back it is often with rose colored glasses - let's not detract from the MM's season - for some it may be the only one they have.

wise words

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

good point. and great point on the current MM

18 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

So maybe Hopkins should keep it on the inside? 

Until loyalists stop excusing this kind of poor leadership, nothing will change. Do not blame "outsiders" for stuff "insiders" routinely do to cause a #### storm. Not my place to say even what I have already said, but if you guys don't demand change then you can't be upset when other people call a spade a spade.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 3

Just now, xandandl said:

Cadets score up again. But neither visual caption or music caption impresses. Jay Kennedy so so on changes. Chumley does his usual. Percussion in third in this contest.

I think Hop said in a video yesterday they had 13 pages of notes on changes.  Either someone is writing yuuuuge or thats a shitton.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Cadets score up again. But neither visual caption or music caption impresses. Jay Kennedy so so on changes. Chumley does his usual. Percussion in third in this contest.

It's a bit of a disappointing score. They needed an 84 probably to hold pace. Essentially a point off of that

the performance captions are just too low right now to really challenge the corps ahead of them right now

Saturday will be interesting 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

It's a bit of a disappointing score. They needed an 84 probably to hold pace. Essentially a point off of that

the performance captions are just too low right now to really challenge the corps ahead of them right now

Saturday will be interesting 

Amen.