Carolina Crown 2017

59 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I dunno, I think I liked the marching better. Not sure why it should be replaced with this. 

Hrothgar15 is correct. An amazing drill is something only our activity has. If I want to see jumping and flipping, I'll go to the cheerleaders national competition. (Although that has glorious benefits of its own but surely I digress). 

To me, the guard, which comprises 30% of each corps, should be the visual acrobat, dancer, movers n shakers of the show. Of course, give me a fabulous guard block of flags doing some great unison work (also unique to our activity), and I'm very happy. So glad that Crown won guard last season since I never liked BD guard. Another group of talented performed, but seems everyone is doing something different out there. A hot mess. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

A little snippet of this year's brass book.

I don't understand how people don't enjoy Crown's iconic runs like these, you gotta admit they sound #### good, and so early on in the season. This has me so excited for their show. Can anyone remind me when they typically do their preview show? 

• Like 2

Is Crown not participating in DCI this year?  Are they too re-negotiating their piece agreements in Paris, Ky or wherever? Although DCI noted that Bluecoats and Regiment have yet to announce, DCI writers seem to be boycotting Carolina too.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211613135&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email

Maybe Corpsband took the show announcement and corps with him.

Those runs are amazing. Good video. Makes me miss those long summer rehearsal days. 

I feel like this could be a point-counter point show with William F. Buckley ..."DCI dance movements vs. marching...what say you WFB? Will this affect the future of DCI?"  

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

this is just a short clip - so hard to know the context - but it looks a little ridiculous if you ask me. It is getting really old IMO

I'm hopeful with the change in some of the visual team Crown brass does way less prancing around and more marching - we'll see!

It's just so forced and awkward. They had a great body movement choreographer who left this year. He kept it bearable IMO. (Micheal Rosales?)

Edited by Tobias

22 minutes ago, Tobias said:

It's just so forced and awkward. They had a great body movement choreographer who left this year. He kept it bearable IMO. (Micheal Rosales?)

It reminds me at least a little but of the Puck One segment from 2009, which I think the body movement totally made. I'll reserve judgment until I see them live.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 4:45 PM, cowtown said:

I’ve never been much of a Crown fan, most years I don’t like them but the past 2 years...just when I started to like them (going way back to before that awful chess piece show) they change and I’m a bit concerned.  It’s difficult to discuss leaks but we’ll see how they pull it off, I worry about their clarity of concept

And I agree with cappy, a few too many horn runs spoil the flow and melodic content of the music

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the show music will be very familiar and accessible just like previous years. I think this will be the same type of formula you're used to seeing from Crown, but with some subtle changes and slightly different look visually. All in all, I think audiences will really like this show. My guess (I don't have an insider info, this is honestly a guess) is they will not announce the show until the week of the first show.

Edited by Newseditor44

#### the judgement in the room is thick over a 30sec clip. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, johnpendell said:

I don't understand how people don't enjoy Crown's iconic runs like these, you gotta admit they sound #### good, and so early on in the season. This has me so excited for their show. Can anyone remind me when they typically do their preview show? 

Brass is stellar but they have been for a long time.