Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

Lol

Can not wait to see what the bluecoats are gonna do in 2017! I sincerely hope I'll be marching with them too, but either way, I'm pumped.

What does a defending champion do the next year? Continue to push the envelope? Step back into a more traditional show, uni's, etc?

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the official 2017 thread for the World Champion Bluecoats!

Welcome, enjoy, and go Bloooooooo!

They'd be foolish to take their foot off the gas.

If their pedal wasn't already to the floor this past season, it will be for 2017.

Very excited to see what the come up with next.

• Like 1

OMG ... that was horrifying

Horrifyingly Wonderful!
  • Like 3

Posted this in the "Music Corps Should Play Thread"...

But just listed to the Field Pass interview with Mackey where he went made it evident that:

1) He is a Bluecoats fan girl.

2) Tilt provided inspiration for a piece that uses trombone glisses.

3) After seeing them this year he changed his mind about commissioning/working with a drum corps and singled them out as someone be could really enjoy working with in terms of his background.

Sounds like a match made in heaven for me. Thrower + Mackey has really worked before, and I could see working incredibly well again.

He wants you......

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

https://youtu.be/elnJBgFrb4U

Congratulations to the Bluecoats.

Proud to be a sponsor of your organization!

#stanburyproud

Like us on FB at https://www.facebook.com/StanburyUniforms

Posted this in the "Music Corps Should Play Thread"...

But just listed to the Field Pass interview with Mackey where he went made it evident that:

1) He is a Bluecoats fan girl.

2) Tilt provided inspiration for a piece that uses trombone glisses.

3) After seeing them this year he changed his mind about commissioning/working with a drum corps and singled them out as someone be could really enjoy working with in terms of his background.

Sounds like a match made in heaven for me. Thrower + Mackey has really worked before, and I could see working incredibly well again.

He wants you......

Keep in mind that John Mackey was born and grew up in New Philadelphia, OH, which is about 30 minutes south of Canton. He studied at the Cleveland Institute of Music before going to Juilliard in NY. Being from Ohio he likely knew of the Bluecoats while in HS and college, so it makes sense that he would have an affection for Bloo. I can see him writing a piece specifically for the corps someday. Who knows, maybe next summer?

Edited by jwillis35

Great job. What work's this year may not work next year. Midwest was do to win. Nothing that BC has done. It's all been done in the past. Yes they should of placed 1ST

• Like 1