Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

8 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

BD closing the gap on brass:whistle:

And percussion staying close up indeed.. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

What? I thought Crown's brass was "untouchable" :whistle:

Crown does do good "doot dooting", but BD is indeed doing better "dooting" right now.  I think its an increased meme intake, only time will tell.

Here's the run thru I got from yesterday. Super relaxed and focused rehearsal (with lots of water breaks). Was cool seeing how feedback was given and then quickly addressed by the members. Can I show my bias in here? They were by far the only corp with chest rattling dynamics last night. SUPER loud.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, gabe211 said:

Here's the run thru I got from yesterday. Super relaxed and focused rehearsal (with lots of water breaks). Was cool seeing how feedback was given and then quickly addressed by the members. Can I show my bias in here? They were by far the only corp with chest rattling dynamics last night. SUPER loud.

Hm. I spot at least 3 big guard tosses where everyone now faces different directions, instead of facing the audience—2 in the opener, with the rifles, and that big saber toss during the first big hit of the ballad. Not a fan, I don't think. It obscures what made the timing of those tosses so effective! (And also obscures the wiggly catches beneath some of those tosses... Which is likely why they were added.)

Edit: One more: trumpet feature toss. 

Edited by saxfreq1128

5 hours ago, gabe211 said:

What kind of changes were they making?

29 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Hm. I spot at least 3 big guard tosses where everyone now faces different directions, instead of facing the audience—2 in the opener, with the rifles, and that big saber toss during the first big hit of the ballad. Not a fan, I don't think. It obscures what made the timing of those tosses so effective! (And also obscures the wiggly catches beneath some of those tosses... Which is likely why they were added.)

Edit: One more: trumpet feature toss. 

A guard that won their caption 8 times in a row does not need to hide anything.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, gabe211 said:

Vanguard is my favorite corps ... but #### if this show here isn't a winner. Love the music more and more every time I listen to it!

• Like 4

did they take out the "butterflies" at the end?  never mind.  i see the bodies there.  i guess they just don't use the white wings at rehearsal?  I HOPE they are going to replace the bedsheets with color for finals?  like monarchs, maybe?

Edited by DWW11
added to comment
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DWW11 said:

did they take out the "butterflies" at the end?  never mind.  i see the bodies there.  i guess they just don't use the white wings at rehearsal?  I HOPE they are going to replace the bedsheets with color for finals?  like monarchs, maybe?

Maybe ? i am ok with the white its still spectacular to me, but it'll be cool if they add colors of some sort, colorful butterfly prints.

Edited by theonlyfizzle