Isn't is time for the 2017 schedule to be released?

I don't see that many shows in NE this year...bummer

Cranston, Bean Pot and East Coast Classic, plus an Open Class at Everett ... are there ever more shows than that lately?

I'd LIKE to see them head up to Maine, but don't really see it happening.

Yes world class forum blah blah...

But that Open Class lineup at finals is incredibly exciting. Guardians, Shadow, Louisiana Stars, and River City Rhythm are ALL coming back. And in addition we have the return of Southwind which is incredibly exciting. And we have The Company attending which despite previous discussion about...I am incredibly pumped about.

Love all these new names.

There are 16 Open/International corps shown currently. I think it is possible we could wind up with 20.

I say that because 1) it apprears Racine Scouts maybe back out, this time with a partnership with a university;

2) The Columbus Saints, as far as I know, are applying for Open Class status and are planning to have both a corps and Soundsport ensemble. I am going with the thought they plan take both groups to Indy.

3) I believe there are other orgs that may apply for Open Class status, and its possible a couple may do what Shadow and River City Rhythm did and come to Finals in the first year, plus there may be a couple more international groups. Remember in 2015,nobody knew about a couple of the non-US groups until the schedule was posted.

I know Jubal was here a couple years ago. If I could have a wish list, I'd love it if they came back in 2017 if only to have the top 2 European corps. Not expecting that, just that it would be neat to see.

To bring this back to World Class, Prelims on Thursday should be an awesome show with something north of 40 corps possible.

Edited by wolfgang

So the Nashville show is back at Vandy, but with one less performing corps. Knights come back but Scouts do not. I wonder if the new Alabama show on the same night will balance the Nashville show and feature the other likely finalists.

I wonder what's happened with MTSU. I definitely love Nashville much more, but not that god awful stadium.

Cranston, Bean Pot and East Coast Classic, plus an Open Class at Everett ... are there ever more shows than that lately?

I'd LIKE to see them head up to Maine, but don't really see it happening.

Cranston way to small and crowded...I like to sit up high for drill read end of season...lynn is a dump from what I remember...ECC sounds about it...perhaps everett

Edited by Liahona

I wonder what's happened with MTSU. I definitely love Nashville much more, but not that god awful stadium.

Assume it's all about attendance. By all accounts, having the show at Vandy, in the heart of Nashville, has dramatically improved attendance. The Nashville show is now among the best attended non-regionals on tour, maybe even THE best attended. The entire western stands were sold out this past season, attendance was likely over 20,000. Never seen more high school buses in my life.

I've shot games at Vanderbilt Stadium for over a decade, and I know all the shortcomings of that venue. But Floyd Stadium is nothing more than an erector set shell with cold metal seats. It's cool that you are about six feet lower to the field level, but other than that, there's nothing about MTSU that is attractive other than probably the availability of the dorms.

It does suck that they shortened the show by one corps. Don't get that at all unless it's a money grab. Would be an awesome opportunity to showcase an up and comer.

Edited by MikeRapp

Manning Bowl is now Manning Field and had a make over. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Manning+Field/@42.474615,-70.9544873,261m/data= Click on the earth thumb nail.

I did not know that....how is the neighborhood there now?...I had to duck a flying beer bottle the last time I was there...broken glass bottles everywhere...it was wicked scary dump then...

I did not know that....how is the neighborhood there now?...I had to duck a flying beer bottle the last time I was there...broken glass bottles everywhere...it was wicked scary dump then...

Haven't been there for years, but we never had any problems all the years I marched there or tailgated before the shows.