DCI Partners with FloMarching......

1 hour ago, brassdude6171 said:

This thought just came to me. Does the pricing mean that you could get the whole summer's worth of broadcasts for two payments of $30? That'scertainly better than what I've been doing and just doing the theater events and finals which ends up being roughly $130

Unclear at the moment, imo. DCI website on FloMarching states more info to come. Presumably, this will include clarification on what the pricing for the summer DCI shows will be.

2 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

This thought just came to me. Does the pricing mean that you could get the whole summer's worth of broadcasts for two payments of $30? That'scertainly better than what I've been doing and just doing the theater events and finals which ends up being roughly $130

If they continue to use the same subscription model as they currently have, and all you are interested in is DCI coverage, then yes. Sign up with FloMarching after June 12, pay for two monthly periods, and then cancel after Finals are over on August 12.

TBH, and this might could also get added to the unpopular opinions thread, but I am strongly considering a yearly subscription for the entire Flo catalog. I would really enjoy watching some of the other options on FloMarching (BOA events, even if the production quality is below what we are accustomed to), as well as other scholastic sports (wrestling, track & field, swimming). My wife would probably love the FloVoice (show choir) events. A one year subscription is barely more than what I pay a month for satellite TV (which I will be dropping soon anyway, in favor of other streaming options). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

It is also important to note that winter marching percussion programs had been competing in certain regions of the US previous to WGI adopting it. WGI launched Winter Winds from scratch.

True.  I wonder though, if because it's on Sunday that many people have already gotten out of Dodge in the morning?   On Sunday after DCI, I'm on I-65 north by about 9am and I doubt I'd stay unless I had a child performing on that day.  

I just want to see Broken City and MCM.  it sucks I couldn't see it live but if there is video I would be happy with that.

I really see this whole freeze issue as a total crap shoot.  Someone mentioned they missed RCC which I saw so who knows.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:42 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

One major event DCI Live/DCI Fan Network always offered that does not show up here is Drums Along the Rockies in Denver (July 15 this year). Are they not doing that one?

Somewhere along the line, it appears DCI & Flo added DATR to the lineup, thankfully:

Oe3YEkE.jpg

• Like 2

Does anyone know whether Flo products work with a VPN? A VPN is my only way to watch this year. However, some content providers, like Netflix, block shared IP addresses, so even though your connection says you are in the U.S., the service won't work. If someone that has FloMarching could test it out by running it through a VPN, that would be fantastic. 

As I understand it, the FLO products as related to the "marching arts", including DCI, will be for live stream only.
Once the event is over...it's gone. 

I wish this were different, but I understand that being able to provide it "on demand" requires an entirely different license and significant additional costs. 

I do know that FLO is planning to show a good bit of corps related programming such as behind the scenes and interviews that
won't include music that requires licensing.  That could make the package more attractive.

5 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

FLO is planning to show a good bit of corps related programming such as behind the scenes and intervie

Yeah, the Flo press release mentions "the daily coverage" of DCI corps, but does not expand on what that means, and I haven't seen that element addressed anywhere else. 

1 minute ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Yeah, the Flo press release mentions "the daily coverage" of DCI corps, but does not expand on what that means, and I haven't seen that element addressed anywhere else. 

I believe flo will be doing broadcasts of " In the Lot " segments... so thats probably what the " daily coverage " means, imo. Maybe DCI will have Flo do some publicity for the shows ( although, its true, somebody might have to explain to DCI what the term " publicity " means first)

30 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

As I understand it, the FLO products as related to the "marching arts", including DCI, will be for live stream only.
Once the event is over...it's gone. 

I wish this were different, but I understand that being able to provide it "on demand" requires an entirely different license and significant additional costs. 

I do know that FLO is planning to show a good bit of corps related programming such as behind the scenes and interviews that
won't include music that requires licensing.  That could make the package more attractive.

It's the internet. Nothing on the internet is ever truly gone, particularly when you can (absolutely legally) record any stream you purchase. You are correct about Flo having to purchase additional rights for on-demand service.

I'm buying the stream, and I'll record them when I can't watch them live.

• Like 2