DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Yeah but let's be honest, the BD machine is a red herring here. No other corps group can support two de facto world class corps. 

I assume that if BD wanted to they could field two World Class corps. They choose not to.

I'm just saying that Open Groups(with smaller tour) will beat a few World at semifinals so give them what the deserve. 

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I assume that if BD wanted to they could field two World Class corps. They choose not to.

There's a WGI percussion ensemble that fields a secondary ensemble that makes PIW Finals every year along with the top ensemble. I don't understand why BD or even SCV wouldn't want to allow their B corps to become World Class. My guess is it may have to do with money.

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

I'm just saying that Open Groups(with smaller tour) will beat a few World at semifinals so give them what the deserve. 

Then they should commit to a world class tour schedule. The number of dates, divided by the number of world class corps, gives you a financial number that makes touring possible. It's not fair to not compensate corps that are wholly committed to a national brand image and tour schedule, because that's the only way promoters will pick up shows.

Just now, brassboy said:

As someone who really appreciates visual coordination to music, this audio delay is driving me nuts. It's like one beat behind the video. 

I'm more perturbed by sections of Surf sounding like they are nearly a beat behind other sections. Seems like every year I want to like Surf so much more but their brass instructors can't quite clean or something.