The Masters of the Summer Music Games - Nashville, TN - July 28th

2 minutes ago, TheClutch said:

Move the games back to MTSU, please. Vanderbilt  aisles and tunnels aren't wide enough for this large of a drum corps show. Gridlock every year as fans get stuck in the tunnels for hours.

Fixed that for you.

2 minutes ago, TheClutch said:

Move the games back to MTSU, please. Vanderbilt isles and tunnels aren't wide enough for this large of a drum corps show. Gridlock every year as fans get stuck in the tunnels for hours.

Hours? Come on, I was out in 10 minutes.

It's about time BD won brass. That hornline is breathtaking just over video, I can't even imagine them live. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

My one thought of these two ending in the top two slots is looking better each show.  Anniversaries and all, what a great year for the BD and SCV so far.

Both SCV and BD have well designed shows.. few weaknesses in any performer sections.

3 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Could it be the "Going on First Jinx that Affects Everyone But Blue Devils"?

It COULD be....but DCI judges are good enough to know about where they'll stack up vs each other.    THAT SAID.   I've never heard of this judge before.  New name to me.  Could have been an off night or just a fresh read from someone that probably won't be working Nats week.  Who knows

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

SCV brass scores remain their weak point it seems. Music Analysis judge wasn't buying BD much it seems. 

Hard to call 3rd in Brass with an 18.1 a weak point, but every tenth matters at this point. SCV Brass is great and has improved leaps and bounds this year. That's a freaking hard show!! Good for them. What a last two weeks we have in store!

• Like 2