2017 Coming Down the Home Stretch...let the speculation fly

Crown will not drop a spot to BC. Crown is too clean and BC are too dirty. 

BD COULD drop gold to SCV, all depending on their additions and the GE benefits they bring. My hopes are for an SCV ring. 

5 hours ago, Sideways said:

Crusaders - Again not too much to say here other than well done and you have exceeded all expectations this year.  Weird show and a bit controversial but it is well executed and written very smartly for a corps in transition (on the rise).  I do not care if you finish 6 or 7 this just finish strong and take pride in what the future has in store. Likely will drop to 7th as Cadets clean up.

What's the controversy about? Apart from some preseason complaints about the corps having wooed away talent from other organizations, I hadn't heard of anything.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

What's the controversy about? Apart from some preseason complaints about the corps having wooed away talent from other organizations, I hadn't heard of anything.

I'm assuming it's more subject matter based than talent/organization based. After all, allusions to hanging and burning at the stake could be controversial to some. (Like that one Inferno Winter Guard show). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bicsta said:

SCV spins to the top of the heap for their first championship in nearly 2 decades.

Bloo zig zag their way to silver.

I KNOW crown will not be denied a medal.

Blue Devils viz scores drop over championship weekend, as everyone realizes that they have too much park and bark and non drill, out of time movement. Brass scores high, drums score low.

Boston sneaks up to 5th on the back of a 2nd place finish in guard

Cadets surge past Cavies. Amen!

Cavies fun show is ultimately let down by "Mars Way" closer 

i see the Knights in 8th.

Phantom's 2nd tune track and field meet runs to 9th.

Blue Stars?  I haven't seen them this year.

X-men.  Opener prop use is cluttered, holding back an otherwise superb design.

Welcome back to finals, Men of Madison!

Would you like to wager?  BD 4th?  I know I'm not objective but no one can objectively say BD is 4th.  Pathetic.

Please name me another corp that does all the different body motions that BD does...........and they do them in unison.

Edited by MikeBD
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

Would you like to wager?  BD 4th?  I know I'm not objective but no one can objectively say BD is 4th.  Pathetic

Blue Devils in 4th this year? That would take some funny business in judging or a stomach virus.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

Please name me another corp that does all the different body motions that BD does...........and they do them in unison.

I think the challenge BD faces from an audience perspective is that some portion of the viewing public just doesn't find those motions particularly interesting. To those fans, BD may as well be doing calculus while they perform: sure, it requires talent, but what does it really add to the show?

• Like 2

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

I think the challenge BD faces from an audience perspective is that some portion of the viewing public just doesn't find those motions particularly interesting. To those fans, BD may as well be doing calculus while they perform: sure, it requires talent, but what does it really add to the show?

I can understand this argument.  It comes down to apples and oranges.  I personally think it adds a lot to the show but that is just my opinion.  Obviously I am biased.  I love the dance steps (for lack of a better name) in Everything Must Change.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sideways said:

6.- Weird show and a bit controversial but it is well executed and written very smartly for a corps in transition (on the rise).  I do not care if you finish 6 or 7 this just finish strong and take pride in what the future has in store.  Likely will drop to 7th as Cadets clean up.

According to whom..the DCP braintrust? lol Everyone is 'cleaning' up and adding.

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Content and subject matter. Sorry was not implying anything about the organization.