2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

I can't praise these trumpet players enough! 

Not only are these solos tasty as all get out! But they are enhancing this show so much. They are perfectly layered into the music and making me want more!

1 minute ago, DcFr3aK said:

Thank you! I tried using every explanation I could come up with, and fell short! I must have missed that show description posted by Boo.

Thanks again!

It's from his live feed today. He also says:

Each quadrant of the field, each with its own sculpture, is a different color as reflected by the changes of the guard costumes. There are four different colors...one for each quadrant. Red = anger. Purple = choices ("Where Am I Going"). Green = unity. Blue = coming together.

There is a fifth color, or perhaps a fifth lack of color. The Teng ballad is white = about isolation (in the center of all the quadrants).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Are there any more score updates? I am slaving away at the office. Thanks!

That's just wrong. Making you work while you're trying to watch drum corps? Jeez.

• Like 1

Not surprisingly, every single show sounds tremendously better live.

Amazed at how much hard work and dedication all of these corps have put in, and how much that shows in the final product. Didn't catch the open class shows this morning, but all of the early world class corps have been fantastic. 

Now, Go Mandarins!

• Like 1

Spirit just shined. What a great step in the right direction for them. 

• Like 6

Also, I think in terms of Open Class parallels, I think we've reached BDB. I say OC & PC will be hanging around Legends (ahead of, in my opinion, but I could see it going either way), and I think SOA at least hangs with BDB, although I wouldn't mind seeing them pull ahead of both Troop & BDB. I think SCVC's show has too much depth to catch, although Spirit's brass sounded cleaner. Just one man's opinion. SUPER excited for what I presume will be a head to head match up tomorrow (or close to). 

• Like 1