The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

I'm picking up the same vibe Jeff Ream is.  The more ebo goes on with the over-the-top stuff, the more I wonder what actually might be out there.  So - ebo is doing more harm than good here.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s doing more harm than good.  If I were Sean, I’d say please stop.  

I'd say so. Ebo has already spoken about what he believes to be Sean King's good character several times on here. Presumably, those character traits pertain to resilience as well. So lets see what happens with the inquiry,  Ebo should just learn to relax and wait it all out. Its not like Sean King is about to be hastily thrown into a pit and stoned to death.

Edited by BRASSO

5 minutes ago, OldBones said:

Raiders went through a full evaluation last year because we had a new board and a new administration. We run 4 different programs and DCI wanted to see the books, the business plans and the future plans for each program. This was to insure that Raiders would not suffer due to the running of the other programs. I would expect that YEA would have to d the same.
I think ALL corps (organizations) should go through a full evaluation every 5 years. Just my opinion.

Look at Legends last year on Drumcorpsplanet. They did the most unserviceable and outrageous act by spending over $100,000 by mid tour and announced they would fold in the middle of tour if the DC community did not help.  Lucky for them they did. I personally thought, they should have paid the price. Many corps have over the years.
DCI should look at them very closely this year to make sure they don't repeat history.

wow - that's so not what happened with Legends. 

and I'm pretty sure Raiders went through the evaluation for different reasons than a "new board" - but hey, whatever.

I love the "they should have paid the price" -- who exactly should have "paid the price" - the 2017 Legends members?

Anyway - back to YEA! - I believe the external reviews by DCI are highly warranted and it's likely helpful to get a third-party perspective as well during all this. Also DCI's "blessing" (should one be forthcoming) will add further confidence to the organization by the public, fans, donors and most importantly - members, staff & volunteers. This is a GOOD thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I'd say so. Ebo has already spoken about what he believes to be Sean King's good character several times on here. Presumably, those character traits pertain to resilience as well. So lets see what happens with the inquiry,  Ebo should just learn to relax and wait it all out. Its not like Sean King is about to be hastily thrown into a pit and stoned to death.

I don’t understand why he is waging this campaign here.  I don’t believe that anyone participating in this conversation is a YEA BOD member.  It would be more productive to present your case to them.  We don’t have a vote.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t understand why he is waging this campaign here.  I don’t believe that anyone participating in this conversation is a YEA BOD member.  It would be more productive to present your case to them.  We don’t have a vote.  

Terri, I stated a fact of what was going on about new information and it was you that started this by trying to make me sound like I was shaming the victims.  You are a bully and if you even read my posts and saw that I was referring to the Allentown News station and not the Philly one yet it was you that tried to shame me on something I never said or referred to. Years ago I was on this site and saw the vindictive people that all they did was attack others.   Nothing has changed here.  

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I am not waging any campaign, just brought up actual facts of new information only to be trolled, attacked, discredited, and accused of shaming.  Something that a bully would do.  

Edited by ebo

10 minutes ago, ebo said:

Terri, I stated a fact of what was going on about new information and it was you that started this by trying to make me sound like I was shaming the victims.  You are a bully and if you even read my posts and saw that I was referring to the Allentown News station and not the Philly one yet it was you that tried to shame me on something I never said or referred to. Years ago I was on this site and saw the vindictive people that all they did was attack others.   Nothing has changed here.  

Now we went from calling others trolls to bullies (3 posts above).  And the hypocrisy of not seeing yourself in your comments. If name calling continues I will report as is against DCP policy

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

One of the local news stations this morning had a story on these sexual abuse allegations.

It lead in to a brief interview with Jim Coates and him assuring that Carolina Crown takes the safety of their members seriously and has practices and procedures in place.

I hope that is true (no reason to believe otherwise).

This was the first I had seen any mention of this here in Charlotte, NC and I wondered how long it was going to take for the story to surface here locally.

8 minutes ago, ebo said:

I am not waging any campaign, just brought up actual facts of new information only to be trolled, attacked, discredited, and accused of shaming.  Something that a bully would do.  

You stated "she" recanted her story. Who is "she"?  The 96news person or the (alleged) victim?