2018 Predictions

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

But you created confusion in readers, imo. For example, your initial post above stated that " Crown's ave. placement the past 10 years= 3rd, but are routinely predicted to finish 6th."

Your follow-up post was not a repost. it was a rephrase. It changed what you meant to say initially perhaps. In the rephrase,  you posted .... " despite finishing average placement of 3rd place the last 10 years, there are always some who routinely predict Crown to finish 6th ".

It was the 1st post you made drew attention to the fact that you believe that routinely on here Crown is predicted to finish 6th. Thats not quite accurate however. The rephase of this has you believe that " there are always some who routinely predict Crown in 6th ". That rehrase probably has you on safer assessment grounds, as "  there are always posters on here ( and everywhewre elsse, imo ) that " routinely"  make placement predictions out of the normal predictive range for these Corps, Carolina Crown included.

This is getting absurd but...

Here's what I posted 1st:

Actually someone manages to predict Crown to finish 6th every year since 2010.  (And every year they're wrong)

Nothing new here.

Did you read that?  It's pretty unambiguous.   

Then Ghost posted and I replied:

44 minutes ago,  Ghost said: 

You could replace CC with a few other corps and get the same pre season placement thoughts.

If you mean other medalist corps (Crown's avg place in the past 10 yrs = 3rd)  are routinely predicted to finish 6th...who would that be? BD?  Bloo?

If you put all that together (and don't just cherry pick a single post) it's all perfectly clear (to me at least).  Anyway discussing it further seems a big waste of time.

47 minutes ago, karuna said:

If you mean other medalist corps (Crown's avg place in the past 10 yrs = 3rd)  are routinely predicted to finish 6th...

I don't sense that assessment on here much at all. Rarely is Carolina Crown routinely predicted on here to finish 6th. Not for the last decade or so anyway. There are always someone here or there that make placement predictions for Corps that are out of the  recent normative placement range for said Corps... Crown included. This routinely happens on here as a matter of fact. With just about all these Corps on occasion. Almost daily as a matter of fact..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I don't sense that assessment on here much at all. Rarely is Carolina Crown routinely predicted on here to finish 6th. Not for the last decade or so anyway. There are always someone here or there that make placement predictions for Corps that are out of the norm range for said Corps... Crown included. That routinely happens on here as a matter of fact. With just about all these Corps on occasion. Almost daily as a matter of fact..

You're just repeating Ghost's post. So I'll repeat my challenge:  

Which top 3 corps  has been routinely predicted in 6th place?  Since BD averages 1st and Crown is next (averaging 3rd) the list is pretty short. I think it's just Crown.  6th seems to be a favorite spot for the "less-than-enthusiastic-fan-of-carolins-crown" posters.  

14 minutes ago, karuna said:

So I'll repeat my challenge:  

Which top 3 corps  has been routinely predicted in 6th place?  .  

That seems an easy reply to me to your question for us:

None of them.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I don't sense that assessment on here much at all.

^^^^^^Rarely is Carolina Crown routinely predicted on here to finish 6th.^^^^^^

Not for the last decade or so anyway. There are always someone here or there that make placement predictions for Corps that are out of the  recent normative placement range for said Corps...

^^^^^^Crown included. This routinely happens on here as a matter of fact.^^^^^^

With just about all these Corps on occasion. Almost daily as a matter of fact..

So it is.considered routine.

Routine doesn't necessarily mean a serious educated prediction. 

None of this means anything. It's all just pure entertaining speculation. Sheesh!

10 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I would never expect them not to make finals. 

I don’t either, but given how things could have turned out, they may very well have already accomplished more than any corps competing this season. Remember, similar allegations have toppled major Hollywood notables and political figures. Organizationally, sex abuse claims have crippled major universities, elite prep schools,  religious institutions , and many youth and athletic organizations. Some questioned whether DCI would even allow Cadets to compete and there have to be tons of behind the scenes situations we do not know. I understand Cadets has top notch members, dedicated alums, a long history, and fans that would never let the corps collapse, but so too do other groups that have faced similar situations, and people can point to the characteristics of the former director but he’s not that different from others facing charges. Enough of my rant.

Question for everyone: who do we think is the biggest wildcard, the corps to watch throughout the season?

I'm thinking Bluecoats, and not because they won't reveal their show yet. They dropped really bad last year, so I see two possible outcomes.

1) They make a rebound like Crown '13-'15 did (1st, 5th, 2nd) with the additions to their visual team. Bloo is still very good and with a jazz show, they're going to be doing something a lot different than everyone else, as usual.

2) They've hit a wall. Maybe they won't come back up to the skill level they were at in 2016. Cavies and BAC got good last year, and are going to be fighting to push Bloo out of medal contention.

There's also this whole confusion where people have no idea where Boston is going to fall. I've heard everything from 2-9, what's the deal?

Watched the Crossmen rehearse two nights ago. I will say this...They definitely won't be a 12th place corp, and I wouldn't be surprised if they placed higher than 10th. These kids are aggressive both on and off the field. Visually it's quite dirty, but man those kids are playing with energy that I've never heard from this corp in the last 15 yrs, and what's more surprising is that 80% percent of them are high schoolers (average age is 18). To say that they sound better now than where they were in August last year is an understatement. The arranger did some incredible work to keep the music as close to the original with Tchaikovsky 6th Symphony. Looking forward to seeing how they progress.

• Like 3