lolcorps

It was tied in with the 09 pic and the consistent implication that BD is too lazy to march....even though the chairs were only used for about 30 seconds of show time.

orly.jpg

Yes, "Rly." Go ahead and time it. The largest period of chair usage is the brass line at the beginning...around 20 seconds...the rest are short and scattered instances involving smaller groups (with the exception of the dollar sign set). If you were to add up ALL of the time someone sat in the chairs, you'd be hard pressed to come up with a full minute (I will not count something like the snares standing on them....that more like using a platform a la 85 Freelancers).

Yet some people here were acting like they sat for almost the entire show....it was like the drum speak in 05 Cadets (which I thought was WAY cool)....a whopping 26 seconds out of the whole program. Even if you add in the one pit girl's lead-in to the perc feature (11 seconds) and the Twilight Zone set up at the beginning (10 seconds), you don't even have a full minute of narration....yet people acted like they talked throughout the show (sorry...that was 07).

I get VERY tired of BD being accused of being lazy and not doing difficult stuff, when they prove year after year after year that they DO. All of those top 5 finishes, caption titles, and championship rings didn't come from sitting on their collective ### all these years.

The same could be said for Cadets, Cavies, etc....but only BD seems to get the "lazy" tag.

Yes, "Rly." Go ahead and time it. The largest period of chair usage is the brass line at the beginning...around 20 seconds...the rest are short and scattered instances involving smaller groups (with the exception of the dollar sign set). If you were to add up ALL of the time someone sat in the chairs, you'd be hard pressed to come up with a full minute (I will not count something like the snares standing on them....that more like using a platform a la 85 Freelancers).

Yet some people here were acting like they sat for almost the entire show....it was like the drum speak in 05 Cadets (which I thought was WAY cool)....a whopping 26 seconds out of the whole program. Even if you add in the one pit girl's lead-in to the perc feature (11 seconds) and the Twilight Zone set up at the beginning (10 seconds), you don't even have a full minute of narration....yet people acted like they talked throughout the show (sorry...that was 07).

I get VERY tired of BD being accused of being lazy and not doing difficult stuff, when they prove year after year after year that they DO. All of those top 5 finishes, caption titles, and championship rings didn't come from sitting on their collective ### all these years.

The same could be said for Cadets, Cavies, etc....but only BD seems to get the "lazy" tag.

The BD chair thing is dead. It's a new season! Let's pop the top on our favorite beverage and toast a NEW SEASON! Here's to better things in 2010! CHEERS!

i'm betting that if someone sitting in front of you talked for 10% of a show, you'd be a bit irritated...just sayin'...

It's ok, everyone will just complain about the mirrors they're using this year.....you think I'm kidding, they are using mirrors this season as props....... :tongue:

I understand your point, but I'm sure there are reasons behind every photo posted here as to why it looks the way it does. I don't feel it's necessary to explain what happened or defend the photo. That's not the point of this thread, IMO. Although, I do feel sorry for whoever it was who got injured. But in the end, this thread seems to be more about making fun of the picture - not the story behind why the picture is the way it is. That just takes out all the fun.

AMEN!! :blush::tongue::tongue:

Edited by Crowncontramom

It's ok, everyone will just complain about the mirrors they're using this year.....you think I'm kidding, they are using mirrors this season as props....... :tongue:

Feh...can't beat the rear-view mirrors on Spirit's basses in the 80s....I kept expecting to hear beeping when they backed up!

i'm betting that if someone sitting in front of you talked for 10% of a show, you'd be a bit irritated...just sayin'...

Though if those same people sitting in front of you sat for just 10% of a show, you'd be a bit irritated...just sayin'...