Is Phantom Regiment Out of It?

Phantom...

Should've done the wedge last year...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way! The season's still young. It comes down to one night! We were there in '96, we can do it again!

Phantom has the best hornline in DCI hands down. JD makes those kids play so well, and they'll peak at the right time. The Drumline won't be touched. And the show design is simply awesome! I just think some people don't "get it." they'll be fine come finals.

Mark my words, Phantom will easily come in 2nd if not 1st!

OK, Phantom Regiment's show is pretty much perfect, I honestly couldn't care less where it places or what it scores, all I know is I literally can't wait to see this spectacular show two nights in a row at the championships and that I'll be out of my seat with my arms in the air way before the last note is over. Next topic.

OK, Phantom Regiment's show is pretty much perfect, I honestly couldn't care less where it places or what it scores, all I know is I literally can't wait to see this spectacular show two nights in a row at the championships and that I'll be out of my seat with my arms in the air way before the last note is over. Next topic.

Well said!! Phantom is not my very favorite corp - but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE their show this year and could watch it over and over and over again!! My son is marching this year (with another corp) and every time they are at a show with PR - he tries to call me so I can hear the show over his cell phone!!!

I hope they are not out of it to take the 1st or 2nd spot - but who really knows!! This year is crazy competitive!! Best of luck to Phantom! You have a truly enjoyable show and I hope you can push it as far as it can go!!! The good news is - we'll know who wins these crazy prediction games in 1 more week!!

DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sponsoree will have had a GREAT year -- and you know, the more & more I think about it? The more I say DO AWAY with judging & have each show voted upon by computer selection upon leaving the stadium (like "American Idol") and say sckrew the scoring AND the judges.... no offense, but technique is just that, the music has already been written (90% of the time) by an arranger/composer LONG before it was EVER considered by a corps to play (exluding 'original' compositions made JUST FOR a specific corps) and the design is a group idea - presented as they seem most fitting to the shows theme , and rudiments and tossing/spinning has their own "How to's" --- so why noit do away with the scoring of each and every caption and let those that PAT to watch/listen, much less march......... BE THE JUDGE ON WHO THE WINNER IS!

No way! The season's still young. It comes down to one night! We were there in '96, we can do it again!

Phantom has the best hornline in DCI hands down. JD makes those kids play so well, and they'll peak at the right time. The Drumline won't be touched. And the show design is simply awesome! I just think some people don't "get it." they'll be fine come finals.

Mark my words, Phantom will easily come in 2nd if not 1st!

Well, going back a few decades, in '79 they were 1st in M&M by .6, 3rd in perc .35 from first, 2nd in brass down .15, yet were

4th in GE, 1.3 away from first. So, havinig a good/great drumline, brass, or marching program doesn't mean SQUAT! It's all about GE, was then, is now, and unfortunately, GE is in the eyes and ears of the beholder. Now, you may say, "there's plenty of GE in that/those shows." Well, guess not.

RM - GE <**>

ampssuck

AGREE...just might have put them over the top! I think it would have been much more effective with the Faust show than with this year's show.

Don't agree at all! They hit that chevron and I about lost my mind!!! Then the demons tempted away that horn player and I was laughing like a little kid. I was practically crying it was so utterly magical; completely unbelievable just the way it was.

Still don't believe it happened and I was there watching it...that's how good it was. Could've bottled it and sold it as painkillers.

The wedge'll do fine for this year's show, though. :)

I love you. Absolutely perfect post and it sums up the entire philosophy of the corps IMO.

They have the very best music this year, the best horns, the best percussion, and yet they keep getting "dissed" by the judges. To have the kind of program they have this year and to score as they've been scoring is obscene.

Maybe I'm just too much of a DCI novice.

But he's what I think of the judges...... <**>

Best music this year? Hell no *coughcrowncough* I wouldn't even give them best horns. There are at LEAST 3 hornlines outplaying Phantom (Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats) maybe more. I'll give PR percussion, but the one major downfall to the corps is their visual performance. You can't be 7th place in Vis Perf and expect to compete for the championship!