Best Drum Corps Show Moment of all Time?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV's Bottle Dance.... Cadets' Z-pull..... Troopers' sunburst.....NY Skyliners' Traffic Jam...... Hawthorne Caballeros' "Rumps."

Fran

I'm sitting here at work wasting alot of time and wading through 13 pages of posts and waiting...WAITING!!!!! for someone to say Troopers Sunburst.

I will stick with my 60's theme and throw in Boston when they did Conquest in 69. I was about 20 feet away from their horn line warming up at VFW's in 69 when I heard this. I wanted to sacriface my 13 year virgin daughter to the Drum Corps Gods but realized I was 14 and didn't have one.

Thank you Fran

Yes Virginia there was drum corps prior to 1970

Edited by Bucbari

1989 Regiment. Goin' Home. Already written in my will to be played at the funeral service for me when I get to meet the good Lord. At 34, I hope it's not for a long, long time!

Wife sort of understands, but she is a saint so it will be done. Plus she hates narration in shows like I do so it sure won't be one of those crappy shows sending me off to the afterlife thank God

I'm getting married next June and I am going to have Fire of Eternal Glory played. Despite my fantasy of having the Phantom Regiment hornline around the church blowing the walls down, it will be a local brass quintet that will play it.

Most of my favorites are here somewhere - Troopers Sunburst, Danny Boy. Absolutely right about the first show remaining with you forever - so I'll add one from the pre-DCI days. Spectacle City Mariners DM (Captain Crunch to any who remember) flinging his sabre into the air and having it land, stuck in the field. Thwangggggg.

Wow....SO many to choose from...Here are some favs of mine that give me goose bumps...I will list those that have not been mentioned since I concur with most of the moments mentioned

1986-87 SCV Pictures at Exihb.

1987 SCV Opener

1989 SCV with Phantom disappearing and (88) running stage right

1991 SCV Accel. Drumline Ending followed by Chopper effect

1992 Crossmen - Drum Feature

1993 Rain at Finals

1993 BD Chain Reaction - Corps Stops and belts it out, the soloist rocked

1993 Star - Accellarondo after the drum feature by the whole corps

1994 BD - End of Day Danse

1995 Cavies

1997 SCV Drum Feature - (For me because SCV's drumline was back)

1999 SCV end of Symphony No. 2

2004 SCV company front

2006 Phantom Regiment

Edited by Jeffe77

If this has been brought up already...Oh well...1973, DeKalb Ill. First time Santa Clara did the Bottle Dance. I was facing away from the crowd but could hear them over the sound of cymbals being beaten senseless by snare drummers. When I did get a chance to face them again...Priceless <$1 to Mastercard...no, it's in the mail>

I never knew that was the first time. I was at the show, don't really recall it but cool, I'm sure I cheered that

And in regards to never forgetting your first time and how special it can be

I could not really pick a single show moment but I vividly recall one really special moment on the back of the bus just outside of Madison after a show...

77- Garfield - Amen Chord and the guard playing bugles BD- Channel One Suite Phantom - New World

78- SCV - the entire show is awesome, my favorite year they did the bottle dance

80- BD Dindi and 81 beautiful, Spirit opening Georgia

82- Garfield Rocky Point

83 - Garfield Z-pull BD - Everybody loves the blues Baritone solo one of my favorite bari solos (i love lip trills :huh::huh::peek: ) Bridgemen blindfolded snares

84 - Garfield (all) BD favorite jazz show ever close to 86, 89, or 93 BD

86 - BD Channel One Suite

87 - Garfield Dissolving Company Front

89 - SCV- front Phantom - Wedge leg kick

90 - Cadets- fake out z-pull

91 - Star- crosses Phantom - Bacchanale

92 - BD- when a Man Loves a Woman VK - so many goofy fun moments

93 - Star - you know Phantom - Shostakovich.. nuff said

95 - Madison- company front

96 - Phantom music was awesome

2000 - Cadets ending drill in 7/8

02 - Cavies drill

03 - Phantom ballad and i love the euph runs in the show (beginning of closer :huh: ) BD - snare solos splitting the whatever notes i can't remember

05 - Cadets drill was so clean and the ballad was beautiful Phantom - Rhapsody

06 - Phantom - their sound was amazing Ave Maria :huh::worthy: Cavies - cool drill

07 - (here comes my bias) Reading Buccaneers Blue Era chant into the opening hit Cadets opening hit We Believe in Now - LOUD and the closing Z-fold as i like to call it (instead of z-pull..yeah) Phantom flugel duet and running and playing follow the leader flock

I could probably still think of tons more amount of moments

Jeff Kivett playing the bullcall from behind the stands before the announcement of 1st place.

If you were not there, I can't begin to explain it.