well 35,000 posts has got to be the most on DCP. and most of us are oldsters. LOL.

35,000 posts is sooooo 2004 to me LOL

• Like 1

Would this be a JG from JAG Recordings????

Don't know his name, so I'll leave that to the rest of the whoers out there.

( Fish did say he was on a 'jag' this past weekend, so that's the only connection I could make)

I have his recording of the corps at the Dreitzer Tribute show at Bergenfield HS from '85 or '86. Can't remember the year exactly.

Joe Giamatteo (spelling is probably wrong).

His name is now Joe Anthony... he changed it a number of years ago. Good guy!!!!

• Like 1

Joe Giamatteo (spelling is probably wrong).

His name is now Joe Anthony... he changed it a number of years ago. Good guy!!!!

Joe Giammateo, aka Joe Jag...or just Jag is the man. He was as visable on the sideline as Moe for 25 years. We referred to him as "tennis ball on a stick" for the mike he carried,....it was about 3 feet long with a cloth ball on the end, but he was a constant presence with his recording equipment. It's his voice, dubbed in, announcing all the corps on the recordings....the last one I have with him is from 1995. So most will know who he is, but as I said in the begining...very few knew he was a Hurc for that one year in 67'.

Joe Giammateo, aka Joe Jag...or just Jag is the man. He was as visable on the sideline as Moe for 25 years. We referred to him as "tennis ball on a stick" for the mike he carried,....it was about 3 feet long with a cloth ball on the end, but he was a constant presence with his recording equipment. It's his voice, dubbed in, announcing all the corps on the recordings....the last one I have with him is from 1995. So most will know who he is, but as I said in the begining...very few knew he was a Hurc for that one year in 67'.

Count me among those who didn't know that!!!

So Fish ... if you happen to see Joe again, ask him if he has the video of the 1st BHOF induction banquet ... I believe JAG videotaped it ... but I'm not certain ... it was in 2005 at the Holiday Inn in Bridgeport ...

:-)

Count me among those who didn't know that!!!

Me either.... :blink:

Donna and I saw him at the last TOS we went to... 2010? 2011? (He was audio and video recording for the B'Men Alumni....)

I didn't know Joe Anthony had marched with the Hurcs and we did not meet then, though we often shared the field of competition. They were a real powerhouse during that period.

In recent times, he has graciously supplied me with some very significant archival recordings he made over the years. His contribution to the preservation of our history is a mighty one.

• Like 1

Huh... I only ever knew him as Jag, and never knew he marched.

Interesting.

I could never have figured it out from the picture.

Great clues on this one, without giving it away.

John, you have a very subtle way of hiding the clue in the conversation. I almost went with Joe Fuzzeiled.

Nice work.

Thanks. Yogi said you can observe alot just by watching....I've been watching Guess Who since the begining and I've observed a pretty savvy crowd, if you're not vague...it's over! This one was a treat as I finally gave A.J.L. a brain cramp!

• Like 2