Well ... there goes all the drama of clues ... actually, one of my fav unis growing up ... one of Canada's finest ...

:-)

It was a pretty good run, especially lately. Plus the Roy Perez videos find turned out to be special.

I'd have given more clues, but the Norwood Park corps thing kind of took over.

We should try to keep this active the best we can. So much history has gone through here, it would be a shame to have it fade away.

I hope Nanci is doing OK and can return when she finds the right time to do so.

As for the rest of the usual suspects, I'm wondering where Ray Fallon, Fish, Ray Priester,Tony White and a few others have been.

Hope we haven't lost these special Whoers. :)

I'll try my best to post another feature.

I'm still here daily. Although I knew the Shoreliners, the clues kept taking us to the left coast?????If anyone knows how to post a picture I can provide a few for the Who"ers..................I miss Fallon!

Fallon was at the BHOF I&E in Bpt a few weeks ago ... you should stop in on one sometime ... lots of fun

OK, so it's Guelph?

What do we know about them? Where was the photo taken? Who were they?

Canada had so many great corps, and today has a very active color guard activity, in addition to the still on scene Les Diplomates, Scout House and a few more.

Andy, when did you see the Royalaires? Do you remember the Canadian Commanders? I recall competing against them in Toronto around 1964 or so. They were massive, by the standards of the day. I thought they had about a million horns.

Canada had a lot of great corps ,wasn't it the Commanders that had bright BRIGHT orange silk tops ?At a contest in C& E Staduim in Toronto they used coloured spot light's on the corps in there corps colours as they completed there .

Edited by Florida Sun

Andy, when did you see the Royalaires? Do you remember the Canadian Commanders? I recall competing against them in Toronto around 1964 or so. They were massive, by the standards of the day. I thought they had about a million horns.

1963 in Milford CT ... then at several DCA prelims in the early 70's ... their unis were just so crisp and clean ... I remember the Commanders also ... orange sash if I'm not mistaken ... we (Sky) saw them regularly at the Upstate NY shows ...

• Like 1

Well ... there goes all the drama of clues ... actually, one of my fav unis growing up ... one of Canada's finest ...

And if our Queen was around, I'm certain she would schedule Mr. Peashey for a public flogging for "premature evaluation"!

lol she can flog away...

didn't realize we were back to the old rules and only stop in every few days... sorry... Guelph has a heck of a history and was even important in the early days of DCA

Commanders Andy? Orange sash? Ya think??? ORANGE satin blouses that couldn't be missed anywhere... they were an early merger corps that worked for a couple of years and they consequently had one of the largest horn lines of the time...

• Like 1

Commanders Andy? Orange sash? Ya think??? ORANGE satin blouses that couldn't be missed anywhere...

Okay ... okay ... I knew it was orange something ...

Who could ever forget the BRIGHT orange blouse's or silk tops of the Commaders love'd thoses unis .