Where For Art Thou Pearl?

Mapex -1

Ludwig 1

Premier 1

Dye-Nasty 5

Pearl 8

Yamaha 7

And before any Einstein points out that the last three corps I listed aren't marching this year - stow it. I merely listed the current world class corps according to DCI.org and looked at what drum company they are sponsored by. Pearl is well represented. If any corps has switched since last year besides Phantom then please feel free to correct this list.

And even if you factor out the last 2, Pearl is still in the top 2 re numbers of World Class that use their gear.

What about the Opens???

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but don't they have to use dynasty heads? those will almost certainly sound different from the remos or whatever they had before.

i suppose i'm just worrying over nothing... i just hope they keep the snare/tenor sound, that's all. if you all say they'll be fine, then i guess i have nothing to worry about.

Well, I wouldn't think they would sound the same as before. A new drum is a new drum.

But I'm quite sure they won't sound like BD. I doubt Rennick is going to change his whole approach to battery sound.

The Devs endorsement deal is a huge double-edged sword for Dynasty. On the one hand it brings them huge exposure and credibility, but tons of people now associate Dynasty with BD's snare sound which is mildly unpopular, to say the least.

I'm not a drummer, but from what I can tell Dynasty's biggest problem is the bass drum sound.

but don't they have to use dynasty heads? those will almost certainly sound different from the remos or whatever they had before.

i suppose i'm just worrying over nothing... i just hope they keep the snare/tenor sound, that's all. if you all say they'll be fine, then i guess i have nothing to worry about.

Dynasty Heads? - WTF? Of course they don't use Dynasty heads. They use Remo heads - the best money can buy.

k, looks like i have nothing to worry about :)

dynasty has a lot of problems, not the least of which is the bass drum sound. i've never carried a dynasty drum around, but apparently everything (snares, tenors, basses) is like, ten pounds heavier than the drums from other companies (which puts their tenors at about... 200 pounds?)

dynasty has a lot of problems...i've never carried a dynasty drum around, but apparently everything (snares, tenors, basses) is like, ten pounds heavier than the drums from other companies (which puts their tenors at about... 200 pounds?)

That may be true, but the extra weight in the quads also has to do with the frame, which keeps them from sagging like used diapers, which is something Pearl does horribly.

BTW, a pet peeve of mine are English Majors that think they have to correct everyone else's English.

Spell correctly and we shouldn't have a problem.

BTW, a pet peeve of mine are English Majors that think they have to correct everyone else's English.
Or... a pet peeve of mine is English majors... :thumbup:

Almost fixed...

All the English majors have missed the most obvious errors in Dave's post.

BTW, a pet peeve of mine is English majors who think they must correct everyone's English.

Sorry, Dave. I couldn't resist pointing out the errors of the English editors.

Should have been an English major,

Edited by ravedodger

Pioneer is using Pearls.

Donny

I think you meant "where" and not "wherefore;" wherefore means "why." So in Shakespeare, Juliet is asking "Romeo, Romeo, why art thou Romeo," - I.e, why must you be a Montague, one of my family's enemies, and therefore someone I cannot love openly - and not "Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo" as so many people think.

Sorry, completely off-topic and unnecessary. But I'm an English major, and it's a pet peeve of mine.

I'm impressed that was caught so early in the thread! :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm a math major. :thumbup:

Edited by Supersonic