RAMD?

Time for a roll call of FMRAMD. I know Ron and Nanci occasionally post to the historical forum.

I'll start. My former posting name was VKGarry, and I signed posts as VKG. Hall of Famer, and conceived the Voice of Reason award.

Once in Denver I pulled into SCV's housing site with a friend from Phoenix. Because I had Arizona plates, I wasn't 10 feet from my Blazer when someone said, "Hey, which one of you is VKGarry?"

So, who else was a Former Member of RAMD? (FMRAMD)

Post your screen name from there and any gRAMDie's you may have received.

Garry in Vegas, aka VKG

former names...purple408, cellsphones, cell1jeff, jeffsjetta.

no clue however if i won a gRAMDie

Time for a roll call of FMRAMD. I know Ron and Nanci occasionally post to the historical forum.

I'll start. My former posting name was VKGarry, and I signed posts as VKG. Hall of Famer, and conceived the Voice of Reason award.

Once in Denver I pulled into SCV's housing site with a friend from Phoenix. Because I had Arizona plates, I wasn't 10 feet from my Blazer when someone said, "Hey, which one of you is VKGarry?"

Guilty! I still post on occasion. Used to have quite the dragout with a guy from the Atlanta area named Michael Cahll.

abso-freaking-lutely....and I was a high schooler checking out RAMD. WILD!

I bailed on RAMD when that Catherine person took over, but I remember her, and Howdy or Mike Schimdt, whatever the heck his name was. Crazy!

Pretty much the same story here. I don't remember much, but I do remember names: NanciD, Ron Allard, Jason Frith, Nikk Pilato, Jason Lowe :(, G, Stuart Rice (was he the professor? it would seems so what with the planar analysis and all), Catherine, of course, who I would bet is pretty much the reason half of us don't go back there anymore.

Somewhat related, three people I met on the Texas marching band newsgroup (alt.marching-band.texas) have shaped my life in terms of college decisions, among other things. I ended up marching in the corps that I did because of one such someone.

Your post inspired me to search for my name on Google Groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.ma...8aae47f9511c2be

>BD ------------------ 90.5

>CAVIES----------- 87.5

>MADISON ------ 84.8

I just got back from the show. IMO 2nd and 3rd should have been switched

around. Scouts impressed me more, the Cavies just didnt have as much "oomf".

BD did a victory concert afterwards which was so awesome. Maybe they do this

all the time, but this was my first DCI show.

Jason Mendoza ICQ 1522270

Poteet HS, Mesquite, TX

Tenor Saxomaphone

Defending Texas State 4A Marching Band Band Champions

Yup, that would be where I was sitting. As much as I'd like to be in a

corps, I'd only want to play a horn, and unless they start letting

saxomaphones in there(or woodwinds for that matter), it's not gonna happen

:(

Jason Mendoza ICQ 1522270

Oh, the irony. :offtopic:

and I miss ICQ. :(

Wow. :tongue:

Just read through all the posts in here, and I am thoroughly cracking up.

Why does it feel like the days of RAMD were a lifetime ago?

Maybe that's a good thing :offtopic:

Really? Man, I need to get out of this World Class forum from time to time and check that out! Thanks, Jeff.

Yes - you do. Come on - I was nominated for sexiest female, ya could have voted. :offtopic:

Post your screen name from there and any gRAMDie's you may have received.

I think mine was just my email address? Which at the time was Pbbles107 and then later AMM2779 - both of which were AOL accounts that were canceled after I graduated college... 7 years? :offtopic:

I think Jason and I had a gRAMDie... I can't remember. Man it has been SO long.

WAIT A SECOND!!!! I won a freakin' gRAMDie!! Garry--didn't you and I win "Best Friends on RAMD" or something like that? Back in 2000 or 1999??

I think Jason and I had a gRAMDie... I can't remember. Man it has been SO long.

I just found it.

* Best Online Friends *

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason Lowe and Amanda Markey

Wow. I don't think I was prepared to see that tonight.

:offtopic::tongue: :tongue: :worthy::huh:

What really killed RAMD for a lot of AOL subscribers was when they stopped carrying USENET and we lost all capability of filtering, unless we subscribed to another newsreader. Google doesn't provide any filters. I could still live there if I could just filter "kook" and "catherine".

It wasn't necessarily DCP's attractiveness that lured me away. It was the inability to wade through the non-DC stuff. Unfortunately, it was an RAMD regular (and contributor to the annual DC Symposium), Vince Lamb, that invited the kOOk's in and eventually ruined it more than Catherine or Joey (aka Colonel Jake) could imagine.

There were some great people and some idiots, just like here. Most of the idiots would fade after a while. It was just a couple that stuck around and screwed it up for EVERYONE.

Basically, it was a control freak from RAMD who wanted to moderate the group that created DCP in the first place. In hindsight, I'm glad he did. But at the time he was pretty much chased out. DCP was a necessity if he wanted to talk DC online.

Garry in Vegas

PS One thing RAMD gave me that DCP never will. I have a lovely bride and a beautiful daughter because of RAMD. Top THAT, DCP!