RAMD?

What really killed RAMD for a lot of AOL subscribers was when they stopped carrying USENET and we lost all capability of filtering, unless we subscribed to another newsreader. Google doesn't provide any filters. I could still live there if I could just filter "kook" and "catherine".

It wasn't necessarily DCP's attractiveness that lured me away. It was the inability to wade through the non-DC stuff. Unfortunately, it was an RAMD regular (and contributor to the annual DC Symposium), Vince Lamb, that invited the kOOk's in and eventually ruined it more than Catherine or Joey (aka Colonel Jake) could imagine.

There were some great people and some idiots, just like here. Most of the idiots would fade after a while. It was just a couple that stuck around and screwed it up for EVERYONE.

:offtopic: Especially what I put in bold/underline.....

s/ Another user of AOHell.....

um...hate to tell ya...but I was taller than you by the time you quit marching

:offtopic:

:tongue::tongue::huh: Funny cuz it's true :huh::worthy::worthy:

Who the Hades isn't taller than me?

Well besides Nanci and Cosetti. :huh:

Well, I'll fess up and say I'm a FMRAMD. I can't for the life of me remember my screen name, but maybe you folks with those amazing memories can remind me of my former moniker. It probably had either Terri or Troop or Trooper in it somehow. I went round and round with Bill Cook, so there could be hints there in old threads from 10 or more years ago if you want to bother. I sure don't! :tongue:

I remember that I sent someone a University of Texas sweatshirt at their request as a present for their UT alum wife. (Vince maybe?) And didn't someone start something called Drum Corps Symposium or some such? Maybe it's just the morning pre-coffee fog clouding my brain.

Good times! Well, most of the time. :offtopic:

Time for a roll call of FMRAMD.

So, who else was a Former Member of RAMD? (FMRAMD)

Post your screen name from there and any gRAMDie's you may have received.

i posted under both my name, Liz Duguay & after May, 2001, also as LegalEagle1112.

nominated for some gRAMDies but i do not believe i ever won one.

however i did make some great friends while there. :offtopic:

Well, I'll fess up and say I'm a FMRAMD. I can't for the life of me remember my screen name, but maybe you folks with those amazing memories can remind me of my former moniker. It probably had either Terri or Troop or Trooper in it somehow. I went round and round with Bill Cook, so there could be hints there in old threads from 10 or more years ago if you want to bother. I sure don't! :tongue:

I remember that I sent someone a University of Texas sweatshirt at their request as a present for their UT alum wife. (Vince maybe?) And didn't someone start something called Drum Corps Symposium or some such? Maybe it's just the morning pre-coffee fog clouding my brain.

Good times! Well, most of the time. :offtopic:

I found you pretty easily, but since your old name included your last name, I'm not going to link anything here. :)

Found you in a thread from 1995.

Stuart Rice ran the Symposium.

I remember having such interesting discussions with him on whether or not the music aspect of corps counted as "art". Somehow, neither of us managed to get around to talking about the difference between performing art and creative art...

I remember having such interesting discussions with him on whether or not the music aspect of corps counted as "art". Somehow, neither of us managed to get around to talking about the difference between performing art and creative art...

You think THAT was interesting...try having an "argument" with Ken Mazur. YIKES!!! He crushed me like a worm.