RAMD?

Its about 10-15 people who hate George Hopkins having the same series dialogue over and over.

As opposed to THIS website, which is about 2000 people who hate George Hopkins and keep having the same series dialog over and over :ph34r:

In the words of Ben Kenobi- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.

I was just thinking about that last night. You had to rely on RAMD for scores, or you had to call

a score line that different corps had set up. (I don't think anyone has them anymore)

Or WAAAAAY back in the day (1990-92) there was 1-900-call-DCI. For only $2.99 a

minute you could get scores from the night before. My how times have changed.

I used to call that line and record it on a hand-held cassette so I could listen back without racking up huge phone bills. Got pretty good at speed navigating the menu to keep time to a minimum. Still, about $400 over the summer of 93, IIRC, mostly piled up before thinking of the recording idea. It could have been worse!

Garry in Vegas

Sis - always awesome! Great pictures and even better Wit! :smile:

Jim Blansett - ex VK staff - awesome sense of Humor! :smile:

Big Rich Soprano = also a great sense of humor! :smile:

NanciD - enough said - she's awesome - runs a cool drum corps history website :smile:

Ron Allard - runs an internet drum corps radio station :ph34r:

Jazzycat1 - Smart ### that is often hilarious - sometimes not :doh:

Charlie Groh - another man with a great wit! :doh:

RAMD is not all bad - just have to weed through the crapola to find the fruit! :ph34r:

Time for a roll call of FMRAMD. I know Ron and Nanci occasionally post to the historical forum.

I'll start. My former posting name was VKGarry, and I signed posts as VKG. Hall of Famer, and conceived the Voice of Reason award.

Once in Denver I pulled into SCV's housing site with a friend from Phoenix. Because I had Arizona plates, I wasn't 10 feet from my Blazer when someone said, "Hey, which one of you is VKGarry?"

So, who else was a Former Member of RAMD? (FMRAMD)

Post your screen name from there and any gRAMDie's you may have received.

Garry in Vegas, aka VKG

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Time for a roll call of FMRAMD. I know Ron and Nanci occasionally post to the historical forum.

I'll start. My former posting name was VKGarry, and I signed posts as VKG. Hall of Famer, and conceived the Voice of Reason award.

Once in Denver I pulled into SCV's housing site with a friend from Phoenix. Because I had Arizona plates, I wasn't 10 feet from my Blazer when someone said, "Hey, which one of you is VKGarry?"

Garry in Vegas, aka VKG

I was the first King of RAMD, then the Canadian Elite dethroned me.

I was the first King of RAMD, then the Canadian Elite dethroned me.

Same name.

Voted "Best War Story" 1996

RAMD HOF 2001

Voted "Friendliest" 2001

Was awarded by Snappetes "Mom" on a few occasions and parodied as Nancy Diddle, mom of the Diddle Quints.

Snappetes Nancy Diddle "Wish You were here".

I was on there starting Finals night 1996. I also had a site for a while that kept a record of the gRAMDies. Never won one, though I was nominated for best review for a couple of years.

I miss Jay (um...) Wise, was it? Guy for the Bluecoats? He always had pretty good insight into what was happening and why.

Mike

PCSop451

I was a teenager in a div II corps with a loud mouth. I don't recall liking RAMD, or being terribly well liked there. However, addicted to finding out what else was going on outside of California, I checked it regularly.

As I matured and RAMD didn't, I learned to leave it alone. My life instantly improved. I recommend not posting if you are a current marching member of a corps. It prevents skin aging.

Though the Internet habit was easier to kick years ago...

Garry in Vegas, aka VKG

I remember you quite well, Garry. I was on as HFMoon, and signed every post like I do here.

Don't think I ever got nominated for any gRAMDies, and I stopped posting back around 1996/97.

Back in the day (early 90's) RAMD was the only place that you could find drum corps scores. The only way you could get scores were if someone went to a show and reported it back to RAMD. Once in a while you got lucky and someone typed up the caption scores!

It is actually quite amazing how things have changed in such a short while. Now you can actually watch video or listen to a corps show and track its progress throughout the summer. Back in the early days of RAMD there was just no way to do that. You had to rely completely on the RAMD community to get your drum corps fix.

When I marched (yeah, I know... when dinosaurs still walked the Earth) we had to wait until Drum Corps World published the scores; and then waited longer for the paper to catch up to you on tour!