Can Anybody Beat the Bucs?

Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and end their three year reign over DCA?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and finally end their three year reign over DCA?

• Yes
    • No chance in...
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Who could possibly beat the Buccaneers in Rochester?

• Hurcs
    • Cabs
    • Minnesota
    • Statesmen
    • Brigs
    • Bush
    • Kilties
    • Renegades
    • Corps Vets
    • Crusaders

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Ace. However, you missed the detailed planning of the program, preseason camps and season logistics. They start with a sound foudation for the season and build from there. IMHO

J

I agree, Jim..... when Barbara and I had a chance to catch a Bucs rehearsal at Twin Valley in March of '07, we were both very impressed with how prepared they were for that time of year. Basically in mid-season form already in some ways. That is tough to beat.

Fran

99-02 Brigs would bury them. Period.

The 2001 Brigs, as good as they were, didn't exactly "bury" the Buccaneers that year.

My fave Brigs corps of their great run was the 2002 corps. Unbelievable.

Fran

A strong winter program and consistent dedicated membership turnout is definitly

a key to their success.

:thumbup:

my apologies for giving such a flawed poll.. i didn't really think about having to answer both questions to submit an answer. i guess that's why i don't work for Gallup.

i just simply wanted to know what people think about the possibility of the bucs NOT winning this year. i haven't seen a lot of DCA this year, so i'm not saying they won't and i'm not saying they will. i just really want to know if there is a corps out there this year that can top them.

I liked the post that the most likely corps to beat the Bucs this year IS the Bucs. Probably very true and also probaby not very likely based on where they are.

Sounds like they have a great program going, but if MBI had the rehearsal requirements mentioned (every day on weekends), even if it was only for a limited time, I would never have been able to participate due to family and carreer conflicts. If DCA continues to evolve along the lines of this model, then the demographics of the marching corps memberships will change.

I'm curious what the "member retention rate" is for the Bucs. Having a strong percentage of members returning each year would be a huge benefit combined with strong early program development. I think this is an area of huge challenge for many corps.

my apologies for giving such a flawed poll.. i didn't really think about having to answer both questions to submit an answer. i guess that's why i don't work for Gallup.

i just simply wanted to know what people think about the possibility of the bucs NOT winning this year. i haven't seen a lot of DCA this year, so i'm not saying they won't and i'm not saying they will. i just really want to know if there is a corps out there this year that can top them.

[/quot

Understood

While I'm at it, no disrespect intended for MBI and Renegades since I have not seen either yet this year. Basing my opinions on reports of others and from historical perspective.

Yes, Bucs work hard. If you want excellence the work ethic is paramount. One of the reasons that I believe they are untouchable is that nobody out there is going to outwork them.

I liked the post that the most likely corps to beat the Bucs this year IS the Bucs. Probably very true and also probaby not very likely based on where they are.

Sounds like they have a great program going, but if MBI had the rehearsal requirements mentioned (every day on weekends), even if it was only for a limited time, I would never have been able to participate due to family and carreer conflicts. If DCA continues to evolve along the lines of this model, then the demographics of the marching corps memberships will change.

I'm curious what the "member retention rate" is for the Bucs. Having a strong percentage of members returning each year would be a huge benefit combined with strong early program development. I think this is an area of huge challenge for many corps.

Hello My MBI Corps Brother

I was a MBI member for a few years and in 2005 moved out to Pottstown, PA (Bucs Stomping Ground) Heck, I live closer to the bucs training site than were MBi trains. I went to the Bucs open house in 2007. the place was packed with horn players. but when I got the schedule and fees, having kids, there was no way I could keep that commitment. Maybe, when in a couple years, me and my oldest kid can give it a whirl.

I can't help but think how successfull a corps could be in this area with membership, using same time commitment that MBI's staff asks of its members every year. I would be more interested in having a fun succesfull season with that type of corp (HINT HINT HINT X-men Alumni) than adding to the stessload of my family just to win a title.

Kick Butt Brass I wish I could go to DCA as see ya