Can Anybody Beat the Bucs?

Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and end their three year reign over DCA?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and finally end their three year reign over DCA?

• Yes
    • No chance in...
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Who could possibly beat the Buccaneers in Rochester?

• Hurcs
    • Cabs
    • Minnesota
    • Statesmen
    • Brigs
    • Bush
    • Kilties
    • Renegades
    • Corps Vets
    • Crusaders

Brigs run vs. the Bucs run.

brass...Brigs.

Percussion...Bucs

guard...Brigs

marching...Bucs.

it'd come down to GE, and IMO, depends on the panel and who has the better night. that folks would be a week in and week out war

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that any judging system is perfect, but in DCI and DCA alike, how in the h...... can a corps continue to have a better score than the week before? It never goes down. Are they saying that a corps never has a bad night? How is that possible?

Well, giving the fact that there are rehearsals and reinforcement in between shows, you can only expect the score to get better as well.

The Brigs had essentially semi-pro talent.
Like a said in my earlier post, the Brigs organization had a completely different "modus operandi", which was driven by a business model unlike any DCA corps before or since....

The only corps I've ever seen that was truly an unbeatable, unstoppable, juggernaut was the 2003 Brigs.

and yet they were beaten . . .

And that brings about another good point - rehearsal time.

We were able to achieve all of that with a very minimalist "member friendly" rehearsal schedule.

During the preseason, we practiced Saturdays (beginning at 1:00) and Sundays from either 9 or 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. There were no Friday night rehearsals (at least when I marched - I believe prior to 2001 they did have Friday night sectionals).

During the performance season, we ONLY did Saturdays. Show up at the practice site, practice starting at 9 a.m., lunch at 12, run-through at 4:30, shower, perform and go home. The only time we ever did Sundays was when the show was in the Syracuse area (but I remember we also practiced the Sunday after Scranton IN Scranton - I remember that b/c I sat out with a busted ankle LOL).

People never had to drive back through the night from a show to get back home for a Sunday morning rehearsal.

It was quality of rehearsal time, not quantity of hours. And - the "big names" weren't always in. Most days it was the in-house staff getting the job done.

Do Bucs rehearse every Friday and Sunday?

Well, giving the fact that there are rehearsals and reinforcement in between shows, you can only expect the score to get better as well.

the person who you think you know is jerry hill. he marched with cru, empire and a lot of corps. he's a very old and great friend of mine. he did a lot to help corps win their championships. now..do you know him?

Yeah, I know Jerry. I think he worked with the New Horizon guard during that corps brief existence. But I doubt he would remember me. I was in the horn line.

Speaking of New Horizon, congrats to Mark Gerber and the White sabers on their improvement. It was nice catching up on old times at the Chambersburg show.

Edited by Mike McMullen

Herein lies the problem. I don't think there's a judge out there with the 'gonads' to go against the grain. You might get a change here or there somewhere else in the pack, if someone has a real bad show at Finals (compared to their prelim show), but that's about it.

Think about DCA during that killer storm a few years back.....the highest score in prelims should have been in the mid-eighties and that's it. Nope, they just got higher then the week before (or stayed the same)......come on.......think about that one.

Completely disagree. That's where you see the most who has the best technique. and ability to cope with different variables. No yardlines? you should already know your show enough by now to make the adustment and follow the form. For the colorguard, who can fight that wind the most? I'm not saying it's going to be perfect, but you can see who has it in them to go after it.

And also, who's going to let these conditions break them, or who's going to just go balls to the wall and have fun?

That's how I personally felt. I just had fun in prelims because thats all you can do (with 4 stitches that night to boot)