Championship Shows You Didn't Like

I heard one of those judges may have seen a second gunman on the grassy knoll.

I heard one of those judges WAS the second gunman on the grassy knoll.

There have been countless times when a more preferred corps or show didn't get the placement the majority of fans desired, but all of a sudden in 2014 there was a conspiracy to make sure this did not happen by making sure the Bluecoats got 2nd instead of The Cadets.

• Like 3

I don't know; however, it was clear to many that both Cadets and Coats were absolutely 'beast' on Saturday night, so the Cadets were certainly not rewarded by DCI for their 2014 body of work.....simply the views of the final judging panel (putting aside the obvious and palpable Coats cool factor). Sitting in the stadium, it was really great that the top three shows were entirely unalike in content and approach, yet all excellent in execution.

That's a cool observation that I'm not sure I've heard said a lot. 2015 Top 3 were radically different in design content, but all awesomely performed (and all seemed fairly popular).

• Like 2

There have been countless times when a more preferred corps or show didn't get the placement the majority of fans desired, but all of a sudden in 2014 there was a conspiracy to make sure this did not happen by making sure the Bluecoats got 2nd instead of The Cadets.

I loved Cadets last year and I loved Bluecoats. Now granted I did not get to see finals in Indy and reception could have been an issue, but there was no judging conspiracy in my opinion. In most shows that I saw Cadets and Bluecoats together, Cadets should have topped them. At finals, Cadets seemed flat and Bluecoats were on fire, but it simply was an off night for Cadets, not unlike 2012, and a great night for Bluecoats. It happens.

• Like 1

Cadets; It was the tarps and bunting…each night they got more annoying so the judges had no choice. It was the anti-GE…right past cheese to cringe inducing, sorry you had to see this, please, make it stop....and months later on the dvd skip all of track 3, edit off the CD

Looks like it’s been 7 years since I last replied in this thread so, didn’t like 2009 BD at all, music, visual, everything past the opening hit, yawn. Oh so boring. Wasn’t a fan of 2010 either but it was better than 2009. Loved the music from 2012, one of my favorites to listen to but hated the visual so it’s difficult to say I didn’t like it. Surprised how quickly 2011 faded, liked it at the time but it faded quickly

Overall, just 2 of the last 7 years really

Edited by cowtown

only a handful of DCI Champs were my favorite of the year specially the past 5 years.

Edited by Tobias

I think there's been "a conspiracy" to hijack this thread, as all the discussion the last 2 pages on judges, Cadets ( 3rd ) and Bluecoats ( 2nd ), etc havn't had a single thing at all to do with the OP's Topic.

Following along these same lines then, I believe INT 's Show from 2013 was a Championship winning show I did not like.

' Not enough meat, lines were messy, too much talking, and about 15 minutes too long.