Funny things you've heard fans say at shows

Finals 2008. Bloo take the field, guy behind me says "I love Bloo this year, they gonna throw it down." At the end of the show "That was awesome". Cadets take the field, same guy says "This show sucks, I'm off for some nachos. I HATE narration". Hmmm...

I'm no fan of amplification/narration/etc, but I think there's a world of difference between using vocals as effect and using it as exposition.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finals 2008. Bloo take the field, guy behind me says "I love Bloo this year, they gonna throw it down." At the end of the show "That was awesome". Cadets take the field, same guy says "This show sucks, I'm off for some nachos. I HATE narration". Hmmm...

I never quite understood how people could bash the cadets all season (well, the last few seasons) for using narration, but then when another corps uses it, they stand up and cheer like crazy for it....but I enjoyed both Cadets and Bluecoats this year, thought both groups did very well.

:smile: :smile: :smile::lol:

Not a show quote, but did anyone see my friend's sign in the parking lot at finals:

"Sarah Jones dumped me!

One excellent seat for sale."

I never quite understood how people could bash the cadets all season (well, the last few seasons) for using narration, but then when another corps uses it, they stand up and cheer like crazy for it....but I enjoyed both Cadets and Bluecoats this year, thought both groups did very well.

Apples and oranges.

I get the impression that people don't consider the Bluecoats use of voice as narration, where as the Cadets use is more equated to narration because they are giving long speaches as opposed to just quick little tidbits.

I think this was in 2001... Dallas show (Lake Highlands) Regiment made a little girl sitting in front of me cry. She said, "Mommy they're playing angry music!" and buried her head, just bawling for the entire show.

I think this was in 2001... Dallas show (Lake Highlands) Regiment made a little girl sitting in front of me cry. She said, "Mommy they're playing angry music!" and buried her head, just bawling for the entire show.

Good thing she wasn't around for Star 93, then! :smile:

Jeez, talk about a double standard. That's terrible.

1983 I marched in the Garfield Cadets and the Garfield the Cat comic strip was very popular.

Fan from the stands as we were standing in the opening set: "Hey Garfield, where's Odie?"

Whispered from the guy standing next to me on the field: "You just sit right there and were going to stick Odie in your face!"

Edited by njthundrrd

• 2 weeks later...