What bugs you...

Not being independently wealthy. That's really been bugging me for a lot of years.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavis guard uniforms '03 (maybe better from the stands, but the camera did NOT do those uniforms any justice), BK's melodic style in general (only so much ethereal before my mind tunes out), pits that overpower the brass (Cavis tread that line on occasion, crazy drill aside), guards that do the same spin or toss in repetition (picked that up after my gf started pointing it out to me), shows that use an overstuffed visual program as a crutch to mediocre music (i'll take this year's top 6 in a warm-up block over some weak musical programs i saw), and fans who insist on making their presence known to an individual on the field (without exception).

People who have never marched corps and are critical of corps members and/or staff designs--from their perspective of viewing the DVD.

Elmo Blatch

Now you tell me; I was going to critique one of the DVDs of the years I missed...jiminy, i had notes, impressions, words...crumble, crumble go the notes...um, i did march and was a staff member?...dang, maybe later :)

Now you tell me; I was going to critique one of the DVDs of the years I missed...jiminy, i had notes, impressions, words...crumble, crumble go the notes...um, i did march and was a staff member?...dang, maybe later :)

Nah, go ahead and post!

I was just stating that it bugs me when the only experience somebody has of drum corps, is what they have seen/heard on a DVD. Having never marched before, this person somehow becomes an expert. Those "experts" end up posting their "expertise" on this website.

What bugs me:

The DCP World Class Forums... why I've calmed down my posting quite a bit...

while it bugs me i still have fun reading... and laughing.

Nah, go ahead and post!

I was just stating that it bugs me when the only experience somebody has of drum corps, is what they have seen/heard on a DVD. Having never marched before, this person somehow becomes an expert. Those "experts" end up posting their "expertise" on this website.

10-4 ok and cool :cool:

i hear you and it kinda bugs me too

my colleague had a sign on her office 'walk the talk'

Somebody said it a few pages back, but I'll echo it again.

DCI members who bag on DCA. It bothers me more when these kids are from the South or the Midwest, where there is very little opportunities to actually see a DCA corps, so they just go off of the reputation of DCA from the 70's-80's of social beerfests.