What bugs you...

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It bugs me when people leave comments on drum corps videos on youtube and saying "they played this to fast" or criticizing the corps. When there is a reason why corps do things a certain way. It also bugs me that kids think they have to be in a corps that makes finals. Its about the experience, not winning IMO. Two final things that bug me are when kids bash Sr. Corps....not cool! :shutup::smile::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Especially if thats where you started! It also bugs me when musical crescendos aren't used. It may be marching but you still have to be musical in everything you do.

Edited by Supersop08

/snip

P.S. Folks who think drum corps history started when they started being a fan. I've taken the time to learn the evolution, the history and people and corps who have made this such a wonderful activity long before I was around. I respect the people who march now, because I know what they are going thru and I do not disrespect the past, because this activity woudn't be what it is today. So I thank you, Don Pesceone, Jim Jones, Don Warren, Gail Royer, Jerry Seawright, Bob Lendman, Moe Latour, Dr. Dave, Parker Silva, Jack Bevins, Rocco Oliverio, Bill Howard, Scott Stewart, George Lindstrom, Don Whitley, Donald Stephens, Sandra Opie, Jim Elvord, Fred Sanford, Wayne Downey, Jim Ott, Dennis Delucia, Ray Baumgardt, Freddy Martin, Bobby Hoffman. George Zingali, Harold Robinson, John Simpson, George Tuthill, Clarence Bebee, Don Angelica, Mickey Petrone, Adolph DeGrauwe, Pete Emmons, Earl Joyce, Truman Crawford, Bob Briske, Sal Ferrera, Art Luebke and many many others who I failed to mention....

when we think nothing of tradition, why should we think anything of history?

This I believe...

:smile::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::shutup::tongue::smile::ph34r: :ph34r: :smile::ph34r: :ph34r:

Proud bari sax player for the Regiment of Frog Balls High School in Mississippi

:smile:

6 to 5 or 5 to 5 jazz running.

As an audience member, I can tell you're really not going that far... I'm not buying it. It looks kind of awkward, too.

As a performer, It's harder for me to jazz run 5 to 5 than to step it out.

IMO I think jazz running looks cool anytime as long as everyone is doing it at the same time. Then there is 08 BD sprint across the field then start jazz running. Who every thought of that? is that a first?

pssh....40K posts? Thats severe slacking sir. I could be wrong (not checking the stats right now), but I think that you still would be #1 even if we just took your last 4+ years of 'reduced' posting... :smile:

new job has no net access during the day. and for John D's sanity, that's probably a good thing, especially since I took a year off from posting