Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask...

Also, how Cavies jumped 0.7 in GE Music from semis to finals baffles me.

Same thing happened to Phantom this year, their Visual Performance score jumped 0.7 from Semis to Finals. Most productive pre-show rehearsal in the history of DCI?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Cadets step off with the right foot because the majority of the drill started with with the corps moving to the right, so it just made more sense to step off that direction.

I'm pretty sure Cadets step off with the right foot because the majority of the drill started with with the corps moving to the right, so it just made more sense to step off that direction.

Yup. If we want to go left, we just have to turn around and march to the right, facing backfield. The concept started in 1963, when a 2 year old marc sylvester travelled to the future to see the movie zoolander, where ben stiller's character couldnt turn left.

But seriously....where did you hear that :tongue::smile:

Why do people in the drum corps activity take such offense to being called "marching bands," when every innovation that has been introduced defines drum corps specifically as "marching bands?"

For the same reason people in orchestras hate being called bands and grapes hate being called bananas.

Puppet

Then explain 93 Glassmen....the did a right-foot step off as well.

Bluecoats 2006 had a drill move at the end of the show where a box was slowly built by slowly building on smaller boxes flying into the forms of the next bigger box. I'm pretty sure I've seen this move in another Bluecoats show...and I've been searching through Fan Network for a while and I CAN'T FIND IT.

What other show was this drill move in?...or am I losing my mind?

Keeping in mind that I could be completely wrong, I think I remember seeing it in their 2007 show too.