Slow or "Tag" Endings

I've noticed over the years that every now and then a drum corps will end the show with a slow, reflective, or "tag" esque feel.

I'm talking shows like Cavies 03, BD 04, Blue Stars 08.

I've been a part of organizations that have done both the quiet ending and the park and blow ending, and personally I like a subtle ending every now and then.

Which ones do you know of or are your favorites, and why do they work or not work?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like loud, in your face endings.

I can "appreciate" the softer endings too though. The RFL just does it more for me.

Something with a dose of both is 1994 BD. The corps plays at an ear piercing rate (While marching backwards away from the crowd).....and then ends in a hush. I sort of enjoyed that one......because during the quiet part of the ending...I kept thinking.."Just a couple of seconds ago they were blowing the house down"

SCV has a tendency (and a knack) for quiet tag endings, and I generally like them. Though, if every corps always did them, I would probably get tired of it.

It's a nice change from the normal loud ending.

Santa Clara Vanguard 2000

Pure emotion.

1992 Crossmen until "it" happens.

If it is reflective of the music then yes, I like it. However, park and blow at the end, shows the great conditioning the members have.