Slow or "Tag" Endings

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavaliers Spin Cycle tag/soft ending was brilliant, but the "ending" before the tag was weak. If that had been stronger it would have been perfect. I do not remember seeing Blue Devils original ending to Summer Train, where the train slowed to a halt. but I think it would have been better to reverse the endings. Have the train exit the stadium all summer, then pull into the station and stop on finals. but that's just me.

BD 04 had a better soft ending prior to finals, when the train would slow to a stop as it came chugging into the station.

What show was this at? Where did they have the station at on the field?

Yep. I saw the show a few weeks before Championships in Indy. It was much like the finals ending, except the corps never left the field. Instead, the horns spread out throughout the end zone, leaving one slot in the middle. The drumline formed the train, marching across the field and slowing as they approached the end zone, eventually coming to a stop perfectly in the space left for them by the horns.

Yep. I saw the show a few weeks before Championships in Indy. It was much like the finals ending, except the corps never left the field. Instead, the horns spread out throughout the end zone, leaving one slot in the middle. The drumline formed the train, marching across the field and slowing as they approached the end zone, eventually coming to a stop perfectly in the space left for them by the horns.

They used that ending again after finals on the Champions Tour (or whatever it was called). I liked both endings. Leaving the field at finals seemed appropriately cool.

In the real old days, as the corps was finishing it's closer, near the side-2 goal line (AKA the finish line) the corps would often reprise the loudest part of their best tune (or a tune historically associated with them). And move over the finish line as they did it - everyone had to be accross by the 13-minute gun.

Anyway, if you can get your hands on a copy of the 1970 Nesei Ambassadors they did it just about as well as it can be done. 65 Royal Airs as well.

In more recent yests the SCV Bottle Dance served the same purpose in 79 and 82, although by then corps did not need to be over the finish line.

History lesson over.

80-84 BD tag...SOOOOO glad I got a chance to play it.

This.