One song says drum corps

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the title Malaguena and Georgia both popped into my head at the same time. It was a Charles Ives moment. :worthy:

To me, no other song says Drum Corps like Battle Hymn of the Republic! :worthy:

Thats the one

Magnificent 7 is a good choice...

lot of staying power there - plus both Senior and Junior Divisions (Hurcs and troopers)

Nothing sounds "drum corps"-ier than the F tuning sequence.. Well, to me, at least. :)

This doesn't work to well. Can't stay focused when someone says "What one Song Says Drum Corps."

First thing that came to mind was Channel 1 suite, as I clicked on the link to open the page I thought Appalachian Springs, then when the page came open, I saw Malaguena, and though "of course," but then I kept reading, and started thinking about Chorus Line, William Tell Overture, Phantom of the Opera, Fiddler on the Roof (several songs there) . . . I guess you can tell what era I come from.

However, one word says drum corps (also from that era as well I guess) B@LL$; it's not so much the tune that was played, but the way it was played - with attitude, with well B@LL$.