Best Company Front

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about 27th Lancers angle front push in Danny Boy after a huge rotation?

Back in the Day...every one did company fronts, they werent used just once in a show. The starting line formation was a company front.

A few old school corps come to mind...Troopers of course, Cavaliers but watch the RoyalAirs look as though they are gliding with the way there feet moved.

Yes demand has changed and techniques of developing into a company are much more advanced. But we learned how to march company fronts EVEN before 1980 like Puppet said.

Donny

What about 27th Lancers angle front push in Danny Boy after a huge rotation?

you should have seen that move in 1975....

The Big V Invitational in Milwaukee...right at the push...double flags flying....

Madison making there way onto the back track and Jim Elvord telling his boys to go back out the gate

because he didn't want them to see that move...LOL I was watching from the back stands.....

I still believe to this day that 27th and Blue Stars beat Madison that night and should have ruined their undefeated 1975 season. IMHO

gotta love George Zingalli.....pb

72 Arogonne Rebels!

In terms of a company front with a powerful hornline blowing down the stands, I would say 1980 Spirit of Atlanta. When they hit the company front of "Let it Be Me", it would bring goosebumps to your skin. From a visual standpoint, 1987 Garfield Cadets moving their company front in segments during "Simple Gifts" of their Appalachian Spring show. Very effective. And who can forget the 1980 Cavaliers stepping over their rifles during "Softly as I Leave You". Spine tingling.

91 BD (I mean come on....both ends went into the end zone!)

Second that!

They got shot to holy heck, but the greatest company front had to be in 1775 in Lexington, Massachusetts. Those Red Coats were crazy.

2001 Phantom during the Festive Overture reprise. Wow was I a mess after that

Cheers! That show was a blast to march.... :withstupid: