Weird Fan Shouts During Performances

Sorry....but THAT one belongs to BD...always has. :lol:
How about runnin around with a big a?s British union jack flag , is that yours too ? :lol: Edited by rudi man

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly the weirdest fan shout out I've heard was directed at me... by a "friend" ... at our very first show of the 1979 season while I was in the Guardsmen. We got all set... finished the warm up... sounded good, we were ready to go and looking B.A. and all... the drum major starts clapping out his cadence... and before he starts the show, my "friend" yells out: "Geno's a ####!"

Yeah... great. The whole line cracks up... I'm feeling like OMG! ... and I think even a judge kinda laughed a little. Bummer.

But I do believe it eased the "first show" tension, even if it was at my expense. Basically the ENTIRE CORPS had a good laugh after we circled up after the performance. I survived, however.

:lol:

:lol:

"THEY'RE ALWAYS READY ?"

And they're rocking too! :lol:

Others:

The ever-classic WHADAMANEUVAH! from Bergen County, '90, '92 and '99 (and probably some other years)

Crown 2003: "P****!" right before the big opener impact.

"Get up, ya bum!"- me, during the counting sequence after the opener of Bluecoats' show last year. I did it in Centerville and each night of finals week and the crowd CRACKED UP each time.

I marched with the guy who spawned the "Go Chantel!" line at the start of BD 2000

Random high-pitched shriek in Phantom's '97 show, in a silence gap. VERY badly timed on that person's part.

Star- "Finish it!", any year.

I'd practically pay someone to decipher what a group of idiots yelled at in the beginning of our 2002 show (Crossmen.)

I've listened to that show many times and am no where close to understanding it.

Man, I hate to be a party pooper here, but..............

yelling ANYTHING during an inappropriate moment DURING a show, is just flat out wrong........the show is about the PERFORMERS, and the fact that anyone is so attention deprived that they have to "make the record", is warped......I think if we started removing people for doing it, it would be reduced, as this ridiculous trend is growing........it is a MUSICAL event, not the World Wrestling Federation..............

GB

Beginning of Guardsmens 1976 DCI Finals performance... it's on the recording as well: "CHICKEN SUCKS!" - clearly a reference to the fact that the Guardsmen were featured in a Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial back then.

Edited by GGarrett

How about runnin around with a big a?s British union jack flag , is that yours too ? :lol:

Nope....that's one's ALLLLL G-Men! :lol:

Gotta love his enthusiasm.

As for ALL crowd shouts being stupid....no. SOME shouts (Spank me, Cryyyssttaaalllll, etc) that are done SPECIFICALLY to get on the CD ARE ########....but the ones that are spontantous...those add to the overall atmosphere...I'd much rather hear cries from the crow than a performance in a sterile room.

2002 PC is a great example....love the music in the show, but cranking it in the car is a little unsatisfying because there's no crown noise.

As for ALL crowd shouts being stupid....no. SOME shouts (Spank me, Cryyyssttaaalllll, etc) that are done SPECIFICALLY to get on the CD ARE ########....but the ones that are spontantous...those add to the overall atmosphere...I'd much rather hear cries from the crow than a performance in a sterile room.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Yeah, some people just wanna "make it onto the recording," but yells from the crowd make it more real and more exciting to listen to time and time again.

P.S. - My absolute favorite, 1984 Madison Scouts - In the middle of the drum solo there is a brief moment of silence where someone yells "OH YEAH!!!" kinda like KoolAid, then the drumline re-enters with the accelerating roll passage. It's one of those goosebump moments that first got me hooked on drum corps.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Yeah, some people just wanna "make it onto the recording," but yells from the crowd make it more real and more exciting to listen to time and time again.

P.S. - My absolute favorite, 1984 Madison Scouts - In the middle of the drum solo there is a brief moment of silence where someone yells "OH YEAH!!!" kinda like KoolAid, then the drumline re-enters with the accelerating roll passage. It's one of those goosebump moments that first got me hooked on drum corps.

I seem to recall Pat Seidling -- who was in the Mad tenors that year-- saying it was a staff member...perfect addition to the solo, however!

And how about the "YAHHH!" at the beginning of the horse race in 07 Crown? Effing perfect!