Would you really leave the activity

Would you leave the activity if woodwinds were added?  

357 members have voted

1. 1. Would you leave the activity if woodwinds were added?

• Yes, drum corps as I loved it would no longer exist
    • No, I love this activity way too much to leave it

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right. Perhaps I was a bit unfair.

Not at all.

If woodwinds enter drum corps, I leave it.

I'm already feeling a little underwhelmed seeing what a lot of corps are doing, and my first exposure to electronics tonight was NOT a pleasant experience.

Change the sound even more by adding in clarinets, saxes, and flutes, and DCI would be as dead to me as BOA always has been.

Edited by mobrien

Every time a major change is added to drum corps, we hear people say "I am not coming back" and that "I won't watch drum corps again." However, most of those people come back, and usually end up here to discuss their disappointment.

On the flip side, those that advocate change are rarely the first ones to open a new topic on a rules change. Probably because those potential posters fear backlash from those who don't want change.

So, the question is: Would you leave the activity if woodwinds were added to the competitive program? Thinking clearly and being honest, would you leave for good?

Of course not.

Of course not.

Naturally- you want them :tongue:

Let's look at a good reason why woodwinds won't be coming to drum corps any time soon. If Drum and Bugle Corps became Drum and Woodwind Corps, DCI's new initials would have to change to DWI.

Let's think about what else that's an abbreviation for, and you'll realize it won't be happening anytime soon :blink:

I have talked with several staff members of various organizations that have directly told me that ww's are their "line in the sand." I think this may not be as inevitable as it seems right now.

Mike

I agree...unlike the changes made to date...I don't recall the director's caucus looking for WW...let alone the voting directors. They are a long way away.

Of course not.

Good luck to you and the other 25% getting through the picket lines at shows.

Not too many folks that voted "No" have posted a reply. Come to think of it, not many Cadets fans have posted on here either.

Coincidence?

A more interesting question is if the BOD over at Cadets had gotten rid of you-know-who a few years ago, would any of this be happening? Hmmmmm... :tongue:

A more interesting question is if the BOD over at Cadets had gotten rid of you-know-who a few years ago, would any of this be happening? Hmmmmm... :tongue:

Excellent question!