Wow,some of you have the Cavaliers in 4th or 5th place?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right of course. I called somebody on the internet "Mr. Smartypants". I am a disgrace to my corps, my religion, and my species. I will tie myself to a goal post and let people hit me with drumsticks out of shame :thumbup:

I have an old pair in my car. They're all splintering and whatnot. Should do the trick, I'd imagine. :laughing:

So, a lack of impact so far in the Cavies show? I assumed their brass arranging style would change with the departure of Saucedo - is this not the case?

I don't think it's the arrangements as much as it's about their (Cavaliers) decision to play it safe. They just look and sound unemotional. The drum corps genre is about stretching, and extending. Part of the reason Drum Corps is popular is because they play higher, louder, march faster, drum more notes, throw equipment higher, etc, all while pulling at your heart string AND connecting. Right now, the Sharks and the Jets are making Hansel look like he's in the wrong neighborhood. But look, the Cavaliers have some of the best in the business on their staff, so lets not count them out.

also, cavaliers are known for coming out of the gate strong and well...maintaining that strength

cadets on the other hand usually start the season sucking and get WAY better...

so if that theme holds true this season, cadets will end up clobbering cavies come Finals

Cadets show is much more difficult and much more dirty right now and they STILL tied.

however i don't think it's impossible for cavies to turn it around and end up on top....just not as likely... but who knows

Speaking of complexity, it should be interesting to see what the Cadets clean over the next three days, as they don't perform again until Monday.

Cavies have a lot to over come this season.

If the judges were accurate with the scores from tonight, they won't be fighting with the Cadets much this season!

I know they can pull through with good programs, but I think their style is getting drowned out by the fast AND LOUD part!

GO CROWN!

Cavies have become the baseline corps to beat, just like BD was in the 90s.

This summer we have the potential for BD, SCV, Crown, Cadets, and Phantom besting Cavies before the summer is over. It's not because Cavies had a bad show (although I though it was pretty lackluster tonight) but the others have GREAT shows.

We'll see how Cavies develop their show, but 4th or 5th place is not impossible from what I've seen.

Speaking of complexity, it should be interesting to see what the Cadets clean over the next three days, as they don't perform again until Monday.

Two days. They have a free day in Cleveland on Sunday.

Two days. They have a free day in Cleveland on Sunday.

Wait, what? Cadets have a free day?

Gino must be away for the week.