Bristol Brawl

That's exactly what people were saying about BD last year, and they lost finals by 0.025...

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt the members and staff of Carolina Crown think they are home free in terms of this season, and I'm certain that, despite their scores, they will be working just as hard as if they were scoring differently.

I bet they are paying little to no attention to the scores, and are more focused on what they are doing as a corps.

Ahem...I believe the term is faculty. :thumbup::thumbdown:

The only judges I really know from this panel are Dave Starnes and Joe Allison. Not that any of these corps deserve the number, but don't be surprised if things change a little with the regional judging panels. Congrats corps and keep up the good work!

Honestly, I've never seen so much whining about scores in my 6 years on DCP than I've seen this year.

You've got to be kidding! :thumbdown: What part of Patagonia were you trekking in last summer during BD's run at #1! There was so much whining going on that the U.S. Food & Beverage Industry sued DCP for traffiking without a license.

Edited by Plan9

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

I really don't know... I was with the crowd that thought BD would peak early and everyone would pass them, but that didn't happen. However, I believe it might happen to Crown this season. They're not as established as a contender like BD is.

Breaking 85 on July 3rd is not unprecedented but it *is* rare. Cadets and Cavies have done it before. Not saying the score is right or wrong, just looking at the data.

FWIW Crown has not had a run-through for 3 days (except at shows).

R U Kidding? Joe Allison is perhaps the best GE judge DCI has had for the last 10 years and has judged Finals numerous times. Ladies and gentleman, if Joe gives that number, you can be sure that Crown is for real. He does not throw numbers like this unless he believes big time in the program.

FYI, Joe gave numbers like this early season only one time in the last 5 years. Anyone guess the corps? yep. Phantom Regiment 2008.

If I was not a believer, I would really be now. Count on them being up there come Finals week. Top 3 is a real possibility, at the very least.

I believe in Crown's show just fine. A 9 in design and a .7 spread between design and execution for a corps going on 2nd to last is just a little strange to see, no matter which corps are involved. I have no problem admitting I'm not a qualified judge. But right now, there's no other word to describe that scoring of that particular caption than aberrent when looking at scores so far. If it keeps happening, then I won't consider it aberrant anymore.

Scores don't usually matter for me until SA, but that was just a little jarring to see.

This is ridiculous.

Were you there? Are you qualified to judge the caption? Have you put the time and effort into study? Do you know the full circumstances of the performance tonight?

While judging is subjective by nature, it never ceases to amuse me how many armchair judges we have on this board. You do *not* have all the information needed to make an objective statement regarding the competency of a judging decision.

Honestly, I've never seen so much whining about scores in my 6 years on DCP than I've seen this year.

Exactly what I was thinking and very well written! Some people just don't like the fact that Crown is doing so well against a corps in existence for 75 years....

Considering all the crap CCrown fans gave judges the past few years (especially in 07), this statement just kinda makes me chuckle.

You've got to be kidding! :thumbdown: What part of Patagonia were you trekking in last summer during BD's run at #1! There was so much whining going on that the U.S. Food & Beverage Industry sued DCP for traffiking without a license.

I made a conscious effort to *avoid* DCP during the season last summer.