PAYING CUSTOMERS/AUDIENCE

Early season. People (Customers) paying good money to see a "product" (DCI's and Drum Corps words, not mine). What should they feel is a reasonable expectation of a COMPLETE product? AND, are the people (Customers) who pay money for late season shows getting a better value? Spawned from the Crossmen's uniform thread.

Edited by Perry S

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To an extent the later the show the better the product. I actually am excited to see shows early AND late so that I can compare the progression. Even shows early in the season are excellent, so I have always felt I got my money's worth.

To an extent the later the show the better the product. I actually am excited to see shows early AND late so that I can compare the progression. Even shows early in the season are excellent, so I have always felt I got my money's worth.

I would agree.

Also, i actually prefer to see both smaller shows and the larger regionals. The small shows are much more intimate, giving much more audience-corps communication, not to mention youre up close so its balls loud. The regionals are good for high up visual.

I'd rather see a guard without their uniforms than a guard that doesn't have their work finished. I think the show should be finished. As long as it's finished, I'm satisfied. Of course the shows later in the season are higher quality. However, if you can't wait until late July, then a June show will still satisfy.

I would say that in early season tickets shouldnt cost as much as they do, and later you pay more cause they have a better product I believe.

I truly don't believe the entertainment quality from drum corps changes that much throughout a season. Yes, you so get to see better precision, a more fully developed show theme, and a Cavaliers hornline actually playing loud in the late season, but I think early season shows are just as enjoyable. I would even bet that a good deal of the audience that pay to see shows actually wouldn't notice a big difference in quality from early to late season.

I also don't mind that sometimes drills aren't completely finished early on. As long as it's less than a minute or so of standstill, it can be very entertaining to hear that hornline wail on the end of their show without having to move.