Fort Walton Beach Swim-up Bar

7/13 Update -

As promised, this is an update to yesterday's email about the "cold bug" that has hit the corps. Fortunately, it is a 24-hour type "bug" and most of those affected yesterday have returned to rehearsal today. Unfortunately, a number of other members have shown symptoms today as the "bug" works it way through and out of the corps population.

After discussion with Drum Corps International, it was decided that it would be best for Carolina Crown and the other participating corps if we did not attend tonight's show in Ft. Walton Beach, and instead moved on to our next site to get the entire corps a full night of rest. Therefore, rehearsals are ending at dinner tonight and we will be moving the short distance to our Mississippi housing site.

Again, we continue to obtain medical consultation and are treating the "cold virus" as recommended. I will provide additional updates as appropriate.

Best Regards,

Kevin Smith

Carolina Crown

________________________________________________________________________________

_

Thanks for your well wishes and prayers. The admin team on the road is working hard to make sure this bug is taken care of. I am sure they will take all measures to get the kids the rest, attention and medical needs to get them healthy and performing asap.

Thanks again! = D

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see why not. Unless it's more serious than what they are telling us. This stuff happens all the time and it even mentions they are leaving after they "rehearse" tonight. If they truly want to get rid of the "cold virus" and not have it spread then they would take at least a week off. It will take at least a week or longer for the bug to even leave the system in most cases. So are they pulling out of all the shows this week?

Apparently its a 24hr bug. Kids who've been through it are already recovering but it's spread pretty quickly to the rest of the corps. Maybe CC should fly you in to consult since obviously you're better informed than the staff and medical professionals involved.

instead of a living room scence, we could have a bathroom....and instead of a door, we could have a toilet! I'm sure the synths could add some yaking sound effects too!

or they have to do an exorcist show. they must find a contortionist who can spin their head around...no animatronics (that still has to be voted on).

Actually, I was assuming if Cadets were up next, Hoppy would demand vomit removal before beginning! :laughing:

indeed and to repaint the hashes. it's so hard to tell the difference between vomit and paint @ 200bpm.

Don't see why not. Unless it's more serious than what they are telling us. This stuff happens all the time and it even mentions they are leaving after they "rehearse" tonight. If they truly want to get rid of the "cold virus" and not have it spread then they would take at least a week off. It will take at least a week or longer for the bug to even leave the system in most cases. So are they pulling out of all the shows this week?

this is true, but i think with the impending rain it's better to just pack up and go anyway.

Radar currently showing rain. May not be anyone performing. It looks possible that it could clear in time.

Good luck.

Apparently its a 24hr bug. Kids who've been through it are already recovering but it's spread pretty quickly to the rest of the corps. Maybe CC should fly you in to consult since obviously you're better informed than the staff and medical professionals involved.

I go by the information given. That's all. No mention of "24hr cold bug". Just that they were pulling out of the show after they "rehearsed" due to a "Cold Virus". And no I'm not a medical professional. Although I have worked in my father doctor's office many times and have seen many flu/cold virus cases. Not to mention this happens pretty much every year, including when I marched. But you're right, I have no details on the situation and really have no problems with them pulling out. Just odd that the "medical professionals" would advise them to have rehearsal and then put everyone on buses to travel. Because if it is a 24hr bug that makes no sense.

Cadets just ended outside rehearsal early due to impending rain.

At least I got my face blown off before hand. :laughing:

Edited by MidTN Mello

They are obviously just scared of facing The Cadets :tongue:

(This post is in response to the people who said that the reason The Cadets weren't going to Orlando was because they were afraid of Crown)

:laughing: I'm cringing because I'm a Crown mom who loves the Cadets... and Cavaliers... and Phantom Regiment. We aren't all into making digs, I promise. I only saw one such suggestion and I think only one person agreed on that thread.

Just talked to my son and he thinks there are about 25 holes right now. There are others recovering and probably more waiting to get the bug. I wonder if some Crown members were holding hands with Cadets after a show and caught their bug... :thumbup: