Atlanta's Brave New World

I don't understand arrangers sometimes. It's like they think to themselves "wow, I really like this piece of music. I wonder how I can #### it up real good!"

I'll just say it - unless and until you're ready to take on the ghosts of some of the classic arrangements in the history of the artform and improve them or change them into something really unusual and really great, there are some pieces of music that should probably be left alone.

The Barber "Medea" is one of those pieces.

Edited by mobrien

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya its visually dirty, but look at the drill design, there is no consideration of staging, and the drill writer is trying to stretch the field way too often, there are no good solid forms in the entire show, and step sizes change dramatically from form to form....purely awful drill writing makes cleaning much much harder

Wow, listen sops.

Bass is supposed to be FELT ... not HEARD. With that in mind, the synth can do lower frequencies that are FELT .. but when they're over amped it's just plain stupid. I think if each corps had a 24 member tuba/contra line, they would balance properly (sans Crown ... they give nice FELT for 16) :tongue:

Absolutely 100% agree! I love that vibration that goes through your body with a solid tuba line! Crown, Bluecoats and Phantom have that feel! LOVE IT!