TOP 10 things IN 2009 we think but dare not say!

I don't know who steven69 is but he sure as heck doesn't represent current marching members of Crown. If he DID... I would hope staff would ensure he just aged out

My son was completely thrilled with the placement as most every one else was in the lot after finals while they celebrated and took pics with the Ott plaque.

Don't lump us all in, some have grown up since being a toddler

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if whining is the way to get a championship the following season, Crown is certain to get the gold next year if people like you keep this up. Way to support your corps.

I can assure you there was no whining from the members, staff or admin at the banquet. I mostly saw a great deal of respect for the people (past and present) who've brought the organization from 8 kids at their first audition 20 years ago to silver medalists and jim ott recipients in 2009. I *will* say there's still a great sense of purpose from everyone in the corps. 2009 was just another step forward.

Edited by corpsband

I don't know who steven69 is but he sure as heck doesn't represent current marching members of Crown. If he DID... I would hope staff would ensure he just aged out

My son was completely thrilled with the placement as most every one else was in the lot after finals while they celebrated and took pics with the Ott plaque.

Don't lump us all in, some have grown up since being a toddler

Unfortunately for us all, Steven69 is a troll of the first magnatude. He's been doing this all summer. He even morphs his name from time to time to stir things up, sniping from the grassy knoll. Just ignore him, like the rest of us do.

I can assure you there was no whining from the members, staff or admin at the banquet. I mostly saw a great deal of respect for the people (past and present) who've brought the organization from 8 kids at their first audition 20 years ago to silver medalists and jim ott recipients in 2009. I *will* say there's a great still sense of purpose from everyone in the corps. 2009 was just another step forward.

That is exactly what I would expect from Crown. Thanks for relaying your perspective.

Unfortunately for us all, Steven69 is a troll of the first magnatude. He's been doing this all summer. He even morphs his name from time to time to stir things up, sniping from the grassy knoll. Just ignore him, like the rest of us do.

I don't really keep track of who says what on these boards but he is far from the only one saying that BD got a gift at finals because they lost last year. He just said it a little more dramatically than some others.

I don't really keep track of who says what on these boards but he is far from the only one saying that BD got a gift at finals because they lost last year. He just said it a little more dramatically than some others.

yeah but thats not just coming from Crown fans

This is the one, and similar ideas, that irk me the most. ....., but to say I'll never go to another Finals show because of the #### roof??? Shame on you...

My 2 cents.

Well, I say "bravo" to people who have the courage to follow their convictions. Perhaps if a couple thousand of us say "no thanks" to Finals next year, the message will be received loud and clear. And since only about 20,000 attend in the first place, a couple thousand is a log. And I reject any arugment that this would "hurt the kids." No.... the long term goal is go find a good venue so that attendance will ultimately Increase.

This comment is also directed at the two other people who decided to comment on my show a few posts above you. And yes, I marched Spirit. Deal with it.

First, thank you all for the kind words. Really appreciated. Second, I just wanted to clarify one thing - the bass part didn't double the contra parts. I know. I looked at the music. It's not the same part. I mean, ####, the pit doubles the horn parts at one point - should we get rid of them, too? Man, all you folks saying you're not coming out to DCI anymore - good. Stay home. I'd rather perform for all the crowds that gave us standing O's this summer. Based on all those reactions we got, I think it's safe to say that we had a pretty successful season.

Okay, I'm done now. There's a reason I don't ever post in the WC forums, because it always seems to start #### (just like every other post ever does). If you have a beef with me, PM me. I didn't want to out what corps I'm in, but I figured most people already knew by now.

Sad. You would be amazed how much more the crowd would be into you if you actually gave them , I mean the design team actually gave them something that was worthy of the name and history of "spirit"

Im glad you enjoyed the polite applause, I dont even think anyone in Allentown stood up, and nobody clapped when the "narrator" said "thank you Allentown, you have been a great audience"

G

Wow, just wow. I warned the Crown family and fans during the season that they were giving a bad public image to members who worked hard to maintain an outstanding, classy image.

Now the marching members are proving me wrong.

Well, one is. You seem delighted to extrapolate this to 'members'.

Wow, just wow. I warned the Crown family and fans during the season that they were giving a bad public image to members who worked hard to maintain an outstanding, classy image.

Now the marching members are proving me wrong.

Well, one is. You seem delighted to extrapolate this to 'members'.