Should DCI and DCA Join Forces

Should DCA and DCI Merge  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that DCI and DCA should join forces?

• Yes
    • No

Obviously there would be problems to deal with but both organizations could work out these problems to make it easier for all corps. DCA does good things and DCI does good things the only problem is as DCA grows, DCI dwindles. Maybe the two together can make drum corps more successful.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drum corps as a whole is under intense pressure. If the two organizations merged this could allow them to streamline their organizations and concentrate on growing the whole activity. I do not understand why some people would think helping one or the other would be the way to go. To keep drum corps alive, they should work together. There is no reason why there could not be a single organization that combined the good points from both organizations and worked to improve drum corps as a whole. This really is not a case of B flat bugle or electronics: this is about survival.

except the current DCI touring model doesnt always make that work as well as we'd like.

The whole idea is that the two organizations could work out these issues for the betterment of all drum corps. Working separately does not really accomplish anything. Both organizations could bring their strengths to the table and both organizations could work together help to address their individual weaknesses.

I voted NO...as a person that has ties to both circuits.

The DCA have their championship on Labor Day and it really needs to stay that way. Most DCI kids have been in school for weeks by then.

Donny

I also voted no, because it would likely mean that DCA would have to adopt the current DCI rules structure, which means amps and electronics, which would chase a BIG part of the DCA audience away.

Nope - marched in three separate Senior circuits back in the day

Reason for separation was because of the different needs of the member corps. Even bigger difference between needs of DCA and DCI.

Working together as DCA and DCI are starting to do is working out.

I also voted no, because it would likely mean that DCA would have to adopt the current DCI rules structure, which means amps and electronics, which would chase a BIG part of the DCA audience away.

And I voted no but from the opposite perspective. A merger could also result in DCI having to play by some of DCA's rules and limitations. While I don't love all the implementations of DCI's newer rules and equipment, I've liked how corps are using these new tools, on average, as much as I have like how corps have been using the old tools (there are a lot of boring or poorly designed shows out there that have nothing to do with electronics, etc.) But I don't want these tools taken away since some are using them well (and that will continue to increase over time).

I appreciate DCA as an organization that tries to preserve more of drum corps' roots and appreciate DCI as an organization that tries to keep drum corps growing with modern times/needs. I don't see the two as working together well under one organization.

Sure...what the hell...two negatives make a positive ..right?

HA HA HA HA HA Funniest thing I have seen in a while on DCP. (Not that I dislike either organization) :lookaround: