Madison Announces 2010 Program

Slaughter on 10th is cool.

Rhapsody in Blue isn't.

Then I suspect you never heard/saw/experienced the 1975/76 Scouts--at least not in person!

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's all the love for the '85 version of RIB? Four Score and Seven, Ballet In Brass, Rhapsody in Blue... I loved that show!

Edited by skajerk

I can't speak 100% for the Guard......But what Jim Mason communicated might be exactly what you're wishing.....One possibility that was thrown out last night from someone in the know is that Jim and crew are looking to re-create the look of the 81' corps. The main thing that Jim communicated repeatedly last night is getting back too and maintaining "tradition" which means adhering to the classic "Explorer" look for the entire corps (But, again, I can't speak with any certainty what this means for the Guard......Maybe take a look at the entirety of the 81' corps, and there you have it!.......which just happens to be my age out year!)

Well what youre describing is the uniform the MSARP wore. Except for the fact that our "janitor unforms" were in fact janitor uniforms, manufactured by Dickies. I trust the new version will be Explorer green and look better under the lights. Which is not to say MSARP looked bad of course. The main detractor was the fat guys wearing them! :)

Edited by Scerpella

guess not.

Hit the interweb and try to get a listen to it. For those days it was pretty balls. Scouts pretty much cut out almost anything that was artistic or couldn't be played effectively at fff. They changed drum corps in 1975. Of course Blue Devils came along in 1976 and changed it again.

Where's all the love for the '85 version RIB? Four Score and Seven, Ballet In Brass, Rhapsody in Blue... I loved that show!

I agree. That was a great show. :tongue:

Aaaaaah!!! I'm so freaking psyched!! Can't wait to pay my alumni dues here in a couple of weeks! :tongue:

The recent changes and announcements made by the Madison Scouts is the most exciting Drum Corps news I have heard since aging out almost 30 years ago. Quite honestly, I have been reluctant to provide financial support to the Scouts in recent years because I just didn't get what they were trying to do or trying to be. I will now re-up with my alumni dues & probably kick it up. It is ironic though that the corps has decided to return to its roots, & move to Bloomington, IN in the same year. Yea, I know, the Scouts haven't really moved to Bloomington...but really they have.

I hope that other corps will follow suit & also return to a more vintage & traditional style.

Edited by FlamMan