Boise State Marching Band Member

the directors don't need to be ashamed about anything, they gave a blind girl the opportunity to perform with the university marching band. We can't assume that we know how much effort was getting her to play in time, for all we know they tried hard and she just couldn't do it. And maybe it's hard to communicate or just awkward to a blind person about their facial expression, I mean, you can't say "hey, make your face look like this... oh wait.. you can't see..". As far as facial expression being a large part of being in the pit... this is college marching band, in IDAHO! not exactly the mecca of music education and things of the sort!

the only unfortunate thing was that the cameras just happened to pick her up for a bunch of tools like us to make assumptions about (hey, I thought it was funny too!)

now the guard and their 'ultra flattering' uniforms and choreography on the other hand.....eeeeek

:shutup::smile::beer:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time we were presented a rather beefy dance group followed by a cowbell player who was obviously not on beat. By all accounts, the Boise State marching band gave a very mediocre performance last night.

At the time we were presented a rather beefy dance group followed by a cowbell player who was obviously not on beat. By all accounts, the Boise State marching band gave a very mediocre performance last night.

exactly.

Most of us think that we have an advantage because we have our eyesight....but turn out the lights....who has the advantage then? It all depends on the court the game is played on.

FOX has shown the bands at every bowl game they've covered this year something we (as an activity) have been begging for for years. So what happens when they finally show 'em?

Everyone rips on the band.

Sad.

This.

And more people will probably see the marching activity because of bowl games this year than have attended DCI finals in the last 10 years.

I applaud the particpation of a blind member in an activity which has become so "visual."

I hope the person we see is pleased to particpate....someone who will look back at the memory of the day and say they contributed.

I'm sure her band members are proud that she could participate.

More power to her and the band.....

Wonder if a certain former DCI tymp player still checks the DCP boards. She could give a unique perspective on this.... And I ain't giving out a name without permission, if you haven't heard the story then the name would mean nothing.

Edit: Just checked and she hasn't been on DCP since Fall.... *sigh*

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

FOX has shown the bands at every bowl game they've covered this year something we (as an activity) have been begging for for years. So what happens when they finally show 'em?

Everyone rips on the band.

Sad.

I rip on them. They are a marching band. Why do I never get to see a BCS MARCHING band actually MARCH? If I wanted to witness a band that played familiar tunes and stood in place, I would go listen to a good swing band. Until I see a BCS band march and play at the same time, you will hear few positive words from me about them.