Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Do you think there might be a couple of '09 finalists that are doing a double take at the Scouts opening score tonight?

(Yes, I fully realize there's many shows to go yet.)

The only concern is that so far 7 corps debuted with scores over 70 (Crown, Cavies, Cadets, Bluecoats, Phantom, Glassmen and Scouts).....and thats with 6 finalist corps not posting a score (Boston, Blue Stars, Troopers, BD, SCV, Blue Knights) also 3 notable corps (Colts, Academy, Crossmen) also not posting a score (thought I think the Colts have the best shot of opening over 70)........combine that with the fact that only 8 corps opened over 70 last year (all top 6 except Blue Knights and Phantom).....this score is a hard read.

The only concern is that so far 7 corps debuted with scores over 70 (Crown, Cavies, Cadets, Bluecoats, Phantom, Glassmen and Scouts).....and thats with 6 finalist corps not posting a score (Boston, Blue Stars, Troopers, BD, SCV, Blue Knights) also 3 notable corps (Colts, Academy, Crossmen) also not posting a score (thought I think the Colts have the best shot of opening over 70)........combine that with the fact that only 8 corps opened over 70 last year (all top 6 except Blue Knights and Phantom).....this score is a hard read.

You are just using 70 as an arbitrary number... it really doesn't mean anything to score "over 70", so don't read much into that. What may mean something is the spread from the best corps. When was the last time Madison was just a few point from Cavaliers? And believe me, the Cavies are not down. Yes the spread might grow, but I don't think it will get anywhere near the 12-13 point spread the top corps had over the Scouts for much of 2009.

Do you think there might be a couple of '09 finalists that are doing a double take at the Scouts opening score tonight?

(Yes, I fully realize there's many shows to go yet.)

I think BD, SCV, Blue Stars, and BAC will as well, but the rest should be worried.....

I see Madison 7-9 this year now that the season has begun!

Blue Knights -- 66.900

Troopers -- 65.200

Academy -- 64.800

you can rule them out/in in whatever point you are trying to make.

Edited by skeptic

Not trying to be a buzzkill. Scores are meaningless until San Antonio. You know it, I know it, and the Lord knows it.

I look forward to seeing the Scouts on July 10th.

I applaud the scouts. I've missed their competitive drive ever since 2005...

I applaud the scouts. I've missed their competitive drive ever since 2005...

that rhymed :tongue:

SWEEEEEEEEEEET! 71 first show, now thats what i am talking about. Man, I was sure hoping that you all were going to smack the Cavaliers. I saw there show Tue. and let me tell u, they are beatable. I know, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Keep it up, see ya all in 4 days. GO MADISON SCOUTS!