Go to Lucas Oil Stadium!

Indy was probably the worst championship experience I've had in my (wow) 35 years of of drum corps. I'll take heat and rain any day over LOS.

$125 for 20yard line seats. ( super premium my but that's not the worst of it.)

The echo, the ringing in my ears all weekend.

there are many threads on this.

DCI should make INDY a super regional with all the corps. This will allow them to keep with the spirit of their contract with the stadium.

I like Indy, great city. LOS is an indoor football stadium. Made to max out crowd noise.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go this year, most likely. (there are some factors that may keep me away though, nothing to do with LOS) I'm going because I missed the historic return of the Troopers to a finals field, and I do not want to miss the potential continuation of their success. I want to be there for the kids who have chosen to be a Trooper in 2010, and in the spirit of all of those who built the corps back up after the year off in 2006. I'll be there at other shows in the summer, too, but being there for finals weeks means something a little different for me. (And don't worry: I'll watch and cheer for all the other corps I get to see on this trip, too.)

I already know I don't like drum corps in a dome, period. I don't care which dome. They all have similar issues. So I'll go to LOS once. If some other spectacular things happen in the next few of years, I might consider going twice. I can't afford an annual trip to Indy, so I'm going to be pretty picky about what it is that spurs me on to make that committment.

I was not there last year as I feared the LOS issue. My worst drum corps experience was 81 Montreal for the same reason (and then I didn't go back in 82). But I am considering going this year for one reason: Star of Indiana alumni corps.

I'm never going back to Lucas Oil Stadium.

Ever.

If it were in my hometown or close to it, I'd go. But for the price of tickets plus travel plus hotel, I'll just wait for the results. It's not like they will do something different at finals that's not done the rest of the year, it will just be a little better or a little worse and the judges will pick the winner and I'll wonder how the hell they made that decision. Forgive the run on sentence. Now if it was going to sound really good, that might tip the decision towards attending. Bottom line for me, too much effort for crappy sound.

This is just came to me when I read some of people's comments in the Lucas Sound thread.

Are we sure that "boycotting" DCI World Championships will really get things to change in terms of improving the sound quality of Lucas Oil Stadium? I mean fixing the problem would involve money and if people boycott DCI's biggest cash cow then where is DCI going to get the cash to fix Lucas Oil Stadium? I feel that it may just be vicious cycle where DCI gets to a point where they see they need to change but thanks to boycotts can't afford to do the changes they want!

Couldn't a lack of adequate attendance at Lucas Oil put DCI out of business before they even have time to fix the problems the general public has concerns about? Not only Lucas sound issues but other organizational issues, that if solved, could make DCI a better organization and drum corps a better activity?

Please, if you can go Lucas Oil, GO! Its sucks just as much to play in the dome as it does to listen to people play in it! But, I think it’s in everyone's best interest to attend DCI World Champions. By all means, make sure DCI knows that the sound sucks, just don't do it in a way that could potentially topple the organization! I personally think that the more revenue DCI has the greater the chance they will be able to make positive changes to the activity. Starving them won't make it any easier and you just make the problem worse! Think of your ticket as an investment to a brighter future in DCI.

Give DCI the money they need to fix the problem, give the performers an audience they deserve while performing their final shows, and give the future of DCI a fighting chance!

GO TO DCI WORLD FINALS AT LUCAS OIL

So we should throw money at an organization that is blindly following a horribly wrong direction and is grasping to fix a broken idea rather than just admitting they need to make a fundamental change????

It worked for GM.

For now.

If it were a few bucks here or a few bucks there, as was the case in the early days of DCI, I'd do exactly as you suggest, Rimba. I'm truly not trying to make a political statement or influence policy in saying I'm done with domed stadiums because it doesn't sound like drum corps to me. But that is exactly how I feel.

DCI made a business decision that didn't include my priorities. I'm not bitter about it. They have no obligation to keep me happy. Their first obligation is to keep the activity alive, and they thought they were doing that in taking this deal, and for all I know, they're right. But I've had to make a business decision, too. And my decision is to not spend this kind of money on what for me is an unacceptably inferior product.

Since you feel otherwise, rock on.

Edited by Peel Paint

Other ways to support DCI than going to Finals at LOS.....

Jes' sayin'......