Crown's 2010 repertoire is posted on corpsreps.com

Maybe they will sing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Having done it once, I hope they got that out of their system!!

Edited by skajerk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are just tired of not being taken seriously.

I remember another corps that seemed to have the same reputation.

Then they played William Walton.

Then they played Respighi.

Then they won.

You forgot to include:

Then they got booed

Then they got mad

Then they left.

:thumbup:

if someone can play the kazoo low enough to cover the bass part at the choir entrance in the final movement, i'd pay to hear it.

Well, since Kazoos are voice-produced, anyone who can sing low Bb (ahem) will be successful.

If I record myself and email it to you, will you send payment? ;)

I've sung that part 3x in the last 10 years. There are 8 guys in our choir who can sing down there.

Rachmaninoff's Vespers have lots of Low Bbs, but I like this Low C the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3yAlequsRc#t=04m54s

Here's the Bb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyOXlbaYSCY#t=03m30s

Too bad that sounds like only one guy has it.

Crown is not the corps I ever imagined doing Mahler 2...or any Mahler at all for that matter. It's not a piece for....lightweights.

I'm sure someone would have said the same thing about Star when they announced they were doing Balshazzar's Feast, too. :thumbup:

Clearly Crown using this year as there "Second Chance" to finally win. They seem to think the grass really is greener on the other side. Then again, I guess every corps is always trying to win...

Crown is winning me over...just waiting on a little bit of Amazing Grace and I'm cream and purple all over!

But Blue was NOT going to be denied last year.

One of the most endearing qualities of drum corps for me is the joy of discovering the original source music of a great show. For one example, I can thank the Crossmen for the five Pat Metheny CDs I have on my iPod.

I will admit that until today I was unfamiliar with Mahler's 2nd. That is one very big, beautiful piece of music. The last five minutes had my hair standing on end, and that was just from a YouTube video on an old Dell laptop. I think the conducter required oxygen immediately after the show, and he wasn't even singing...well, at least not very loudly.

I can't wait to sit on the 50 yard line at a small stadium in SC in late June. I still have a few remnant goose bumps from Promise of Living. For the record, I am not making any claim that Crown should be handed the gold for selecting some great music. But this music will be a pleasure, regardless of placement. If they can play with a similar quality as this past year (with or without the Ott trophy) we are in for a treat.

I am curious, though. How many drill charts do you need for 80 minutes of music?