Tell Me Why...

I'm going even though I own the entire legacy collection and subscribe to the fan network.

I'm more interested in meeting other fans/members, seeing people I know that I haven't seen in awhile, and I feel like I'm doing my part to support this event which may go away if not enough people show up.

Spending $15-$20 to keep this event going year after year and the exposure to the general public with the trailer that plays before many of the movies is important to me for an activity that I love and still teach.

I guess I could sit at home and watch my DVD's, but to me, it's worth the time to go.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working.

I could have taken a personal day like I have for others-

But-- None of last year's programs had that much of a pull on me to use a personal, and when I read that it would show only "excerpts" from shows of the past- BAH!

We all know the shows are intended to be viewed as a whole and in their entirety to make the sense the show's creative staff intended. It's why I won't watch the ESPN2 production. the shows are hacked and chopped, and the way modern programs are tightly constructed, when something is missing, the show pretty much becomes rather unsettling to watch.

Let the fans vote, pick the material and I'll be back when I can see entire shows, and have the possibility of seeing shows from the entire history of the activity=== Not just from the last 10 years. Some of us happen to like the rich history of the activity and perhaps it might do some of the young whippersnappers some good to see and hear it like it did for me back in the day. Throwing it out in tightly edited snippets is heresy.

People wonder why there are fingers being pointed at DCI about chasing away the old time fans. This juuuust might be a reason for a few folks to be thinking this way whether they mean to or not. *sighs*

That's it. Just interested.

If DCP is any gauge ( may not be, who knows ), it looks like this DCI event could be a bust at the theatres re. attendance figures.

I have two finals the next morning, one being at 7:30 AM the other at 10 AM, and the one at 7:30 being my toughest final this semester

Is going and is very excited about it. Sure I could pop the DVD in, but it isn't the same experience as watching it with a lot of other DCI fans on the big screen. Also looking forward to seeing the coverage of Boston, Troopers and Bluecoats camps and highlights of shows from years ago.

This is what I thought last year, my first Countdown. Gathered the boys and trekked 3 miles to the theater early expecting there to be a line. To our chagrin the theater trashed, the sound was so low you could hear whispers, and we were three of total of SIX people in the audience. Not quite the experience I was expecting.

I have seen all the shows live, have the FN, and the Legacy collection.

Meh, without a crowd, why bother?