Here's hoping Blue Stars and BAC

You can come down off that cross now, someone needs the wood......I knew it, you really do have a secret job with the G-7 !!! Awful lot of assumptions and conclusions in this self pontificating statement.........none of course, which is true.

G

Just say how you really feel about me. It's becoming pretty apparent.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Jeff. You really believe that I choose not to see it? Do you really believe that?

Well you did ask where was the support last year and the year before, etc, etc....

Sarcasism only works if peopel know what is and isn't sarcasism. (yeah spelling)

And the Cross reference looks bad either way....

Well you did ask where was the support last year and the year before, etc, etc....

Sarcasism only works if peopel know what is and isn't sarcasism. (yeah spelling)

And the Cross reference looks bad either way....

I'm only going by what I saw on this forum the past couple years I've been here. I'm just saying, there were a lot more threads about those "G7" corps than there were about the lower tier corps. I can't really speak for a lot of shows because I don't have the opportunity to go to a lot of shows because of the military. But many shows I have been to, you see a lot more people show up for the higher placing corps. I was in two lower-placing corps before I joined Cadets and it was like that back then as well.

Make sure you say that to the person I was replying to as well.

And I'm sorry for being one of the people with the _____ to speak up. You guys have already nailed the supposed "G7" to the cross. It's funny how everyone is now coming out in support of the lower-tier corps. Where was all this support last year, and the year before, and the year before that? It shouldn't take a proposal for people to want to support those lower-tier corps.

I for one, have always given support to the lower-tier corps. I think every corps offers a valuable resource to the drum corps community. But you are right, for those who don't normally support the lower-tier corps, this shouldn't have had to be a wake up call.

And I am not sure anyone is nailing the G7 corps to the cross. There is just alot of concern over what could happen to the rest of the corps and DCI if these 7 should part ways, or manipulate all the funds to themselves.

I for one, have always given support to the lower-tier corps. I think every corps offers a valuable resource to the drum corps community. But you are right, for those who don't normally support the lower-tier corps, this shouldn't have had to be a wake up call.

And I am not sure anyone is nailing the G7 corps to the cross. There is just alot of concern over what could happen to the rest of the corps and DCI if these 7 should part ways, or manipulate all the funds to themselves.

Believe me, I'm not naive. To me, it's just like if you give more money to big businesses and leave the smaller businesses behind, they'll eventually close. I don't want to see lower-tier corps fold on behalf of something that would only benefit higher-tier corps. I understand people's position on the proposal. I do.

Just say how you really feel about me. It's becoming pretty apparent.

I like you...we have had fun back and forth through the years......in regards to this isuue, I can say Im not feeling your passion or the reason you feel the way you do, you come in, throw a sentence to stir the pot, and leave, only to reply to those that respond to that ......

Tell us how you really feel about this issue instead of how you feel about our views...

G

Do we know yet what the criteria for inclusion in these additional shows will be? (Because the original article doesn't say.)

Still curious about this-- anyone know for sure?

I like you...we have had fun back and forth through the years......in regards to this isuue, I can say Im not feeling your passion or the reason you feel the way you do, you come in, throw a sentence to stir the pot, and leave, only to reply to those that respond to that ......

Tell us how you really feel about this issue instead of how you feel about our views...

G

I'm actually working which is why I haven't had the chance to respond to EVERYONE. And I think I've been pretty passionate in that other thread about the way I feel. I think most people already know how I feel.

But let me spell it out again.

There are some things about the proposal I like, and there are some things about it I don't like. Contrary to (probably perceived on my part) popular belief, I am not in support of anything that would lead to the folding of lower-tier corps. I started my drum corps career in lower-tier corps and I owe a lot to them for giving me the confidence and the chops to march in a higher-tier corps.

BUT, I'm NOT in favor of nailing "G7" corps to the cross, condemning them, pulling my support, not going to shows where they are, or anything else like that because just as the "G7" benefits from the lower-tier corps, the lower-tier corps ALSO benefit from the "G7" corps. I can remember, when marching Surf or Crossmen, being apart of a show where one or two of the "G7" corps were performing that night, and they brought in crowds. Even if those crowds weren't there necessarily at the show to see us, it felt good to at least have a sizable crowd for which to perform.

Looks like I am out of the loop on this one. Whats G7?

I know that G10 stands for group of 10 and I know about the G20 Summits. I assume this is a similar idea only for Drum Corps.

Edited by jjeffeory

can anyone say for sure that the blue stars and boston weren't invited to be in the group, and for whatever reason declined?

if that's the case, this thread is sillier than normal.

Well considering The Cavaliers weren't invited to be in the group but apparently are, I'm not sure any of it makes sense currently....

Go figure...