G7 Corps Members

and this is why boo-ing the kids is not misdirected.

They are funneling their thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of work into this proposal and the vision of these corps.

you dont boo ( How Adult ) you just dont go. Do you buy tickets to a show ( theater ) that you dont want to see or dont agree with content just to BOO....unbeliveable

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you accidentally quoted the wrong person or I didn't explain well, but I think we're saying the same thing. In fact, I will no longer play music that has a G7 chord. (Sorry, gotta throw a little humor in because this is depressing.)

:tongue::tongue::tongue: NOOOOOOOO they have forsaken my favorite CHORD!!! the 7 Chord!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH

:tongue:

you dont boo ( How Adult ) you just dont go. Do you buy tickets to a show ( theater ) that you dont want to see or dont agree with content just to BOO....unbeliveable

I want to watch the other corps that will be there.

I also want to see the Greedy7 shows... but I can still boo them outwardly to get the message across while enjoying the shows at the same time.

Why is not adult to boo? Boo-ing means that you are unhappy. I am unhappy with their organization. They are the public face of their organization. When you are the public face of an organization, you get the feedback from your customers.

but, last time I checked, no one is stopping any drum corps from rising up and being great.

to imply such (slotting will never allow anyone new into the top 7) is an insult to the judges.

any of the non-G7 should (if they so desire) build their corps into championship calibre organizations (certainly there are enough examples of how to do it) - then they should kick some G7 butt!

really...I'm so tired of hearing the whining...

I'm " so tired tired of hearing of the whining " too . And let's be clear who is whining that THEY'RE victimized under the current system.... the" George's- 7 ", THAT's who. Who's complaining that they're not raking in enough dough in these shows for their Corps ?...... or that need to be given special treatment in scheduling, and in voting, etc and in a myriad of other areas ? So I agree with you...." stop the whining". It's so unseemly. It's not a " top act " at all.

Edited by BRASSO

I want to watch the other corps that will be there.

I also want to see the Greedy7 shows... but I can still boo them outwardly to get the message across while enjoying the shows at the same time.

Why is not adult to boo? Boo-ing means that you are unhappy. I am unhappy with their organization. They are the public face of their organization. When you are the public face of an organization, you get the feedback from your customers.

Why not just fall on the gound kicking and screaming while you're at then? At least that way, you're entertaining those around you in the audience as well.

When you're done, you can throw some rotten fruit at the kids, too.

It's almost as mature...

Absolutely. If anything, it will drive recruitment even higher. If you're a performer, why would you *not* want to march in a G7 corps?

Because it won't be a G7 "corps". It will be a G7 BAND!

I think too much emphasis is being placed on the G7 and not enough on what the kids think of it.

The G7 wants to position themselves as a MARCHING BAND. Let them. The kids know the difference.

The G7 wants to brainwash the little heads-full-of-mush into believing that the G7 is the major leagues. Don't let them!

Drum corps is the major leagues (hence, why so many bands have morphed into "corps-style" bands since 1971). To let the G7 redefine drum corps is an outrage.

And anyone who thinks "Winds" is a typo in the presentation is mistaken and smoking silly weed.

1. Isolate

2. Marginalize

3. Retain position

The G7's vision is valid only if they are successful in convincing potential MM that Super Band "...looks like..." them, and the proposal demands that the G7 "looks like them" ("...Drum corps isn't better or different..."). Bull.

Take this point and reverse it on the G7 (ie help them look like, and be, marching band) and DCI can continue to define themselves as one step above.

If they haven't, they had better...these kids can read, and more than a few navigate DCP-just take a look a the sponsorship forum. This will especially impact anyone eligible and expecting to march in junior corps after the 2010 season. The G7 corps members need to be prepared for what could be a rather cool reception in some cases-I'm not advocating that, regardless of my feelings on the proposal, the kids out there this year worked their butts off to get there and put their show on the field and I need to appreciate their efforts-but there WILL be those who will misdirect their anger for the corps' administration to the current marching members.

I will tell you, to perhaps the dismay of many DCPers, that the BD members I know almost always chuckle when DCP is mentioned. Also, if you look at DCP on a good night of a serious G7 competion like Crown and Cadets last year, the "poster" numbers are staggering. On the other hand, as much as we might like to think differently, this group discussion is marginal at best in terms of voices of the masses. That doesn't mean it's invalid and extremely informative (and even occasionally... correct), but it ain't no Tea Party. :tongue:

Also, Grump, I love ya man, but telling the Cadets and BD to get ready for booing or a cold reception this summer is a little like telling a fish he's gonna get wet! It's such a regular thing, that it has almost become a badge of honor. That said, it's still low brow and classless and not appreciated by the new fan nor the parents and friends. If you have a problem with the Directors, confront them or write them; If you have a problem with the judges, confront them or write them; but that requires a little commitment.

I will tell you, to perhaps the dismay of many DCPers, that the BD members I know almost always chuckle when DCP is mentioned.

. . yet, somehow, someway, people keep signing up each year and posting here . . . people just like you!

Amazing, that. :tongue:

. . yet, somehow, someway, people keep signing up each year and posting here . . . people just like you!

Amazing, that. :tongue:

Of course they're standing on chairs when they chuckle. Heh.

Obvouisly with these members are working hard at move-in and having very little contact with the outside world, they are surely not experiencing the effects of the proposal yet. But I suspect that will change once they hit the road.

I sincerely hope not. If you want to protest the proposal go find the director of the corps and talk to them about it. The members signed on to march a season of drum corps and have absolutely nothing to do with any of this.