Blue Devils New Uniforms

First we have threads inquiring about who is getting new uniforms which gets a lot of people excited. Now we have individuals saying corps shouldn't be spending extra money to change uniforms every year or so. I'm so confused.

new uniforms= great. new uniforms while demanding more money at the expense of other corps... not so much.

Modern uniforms are not as durable as the older ones (though WAY easier to maintain) and therefor will not hold up as well as the older ones and won't last as long.

You are kidding right? I haven't seen any issues with Crossmen and they've had their since 2004.

They also had the same jacket for 10 years in the 90s.

I know of a corps with hand made uniforms that are still going strong.

Again, getting 90 new uniforms is going to be expensive no matter the discount but its an easily avoided cost savings by keeping them.

I think corps are changing uniforms so fast that they are losing what makes a uniform so special, but that's just me.

You guys are presuming it's going to be a completely new design, like 93-94....it could just be relatively minor changes like dropping the half skirt, changing the trim, etc...things which CAN make a big visual difference. Going back to white plumes in 08 was big visually.

You guys are presuming it's going to be a completely new design, like 93-94.

Hey, FJM is the one that's raising expectations here, although their hype is usually overblown and/or annoying (see Phantom's 2009 uni).

I heard. TACKY, Circus like, outdated, But hey its a Chandler product..lol...look at FJM catalog. The man is super talented But costume desgin? hmmmmmmmmm.. :cool:

Yeah, costume design and comments on Scott Chandler from....well, whoever you are......ok. sure.

G

You are kidding right? I haven't seen any issues with Crossmen and they've had their since 2004.

They also had the same jacket for 10 years in the 90s.

I know of a corps with hand made uniforms that are still going strong.

Again, getting 90 new uniforms is going to be expensive no matter the discount but its an easily avoided cost savings by keeping them.

I think corps are changing uniforms so fast that they are losing what makes a uniform so special, but that's just me.

Not taking sides but Crossmen had the same jackets from 90 - 95. 96 were all new.

G

I believe it was the same jacket, just different design but I could be wrong.

Guess we're due for a surprise. . . as long as it's not along the lines of Spirit of Atlanta's "Interstellar Suite" guard outfits. :cool:

Anything is possible. After all, BDB is playing "Interstellar Suite"!

I actually like the idea of Orange being a prominent color in their uniform for this year. That would be incredibly different than anything else on the field, as long as no one is sporting "burnt mustard"... :cool: